Each time the update is announced, SEOs are worried their sites will be affected and they want running a double quality check. That is why we released this Guide: to help webmasters run an extra quality check and preserve high rankings.
Minsk, Belarus (PRWEB) May 22, 2013
Link-Assistant.Com, the software house behind SEO PowerSuite (all-in-one SEO software) and BuzzBundle (social media management software) announced today the release of an Anti-Penguin 2.0 Guide. The Guide features 8 blocks of steps to take before the launch of Penguin 2.0. and thus protect sites from losing in web visibility.
The need in this guide occurred last week when Matt Cutts of Google released a video pre-announcing Penguin 2.0 search quality update. Head of Google’s Web Spam Team provided a detailed breakdown of issues his team is currently on. In particular, Matt Cutts stated: "Penguin 2.0 … will be much more comprehensive than Penguin 1.0 and it will go deeper and have a larger impact than the original."
*Anti-Penguin 2.0 Guide*
There are multiple detailed steps provided in the guide. In short, the strategy includes the following steps:
(1) Building the most complete list of backlinks to see where a site is vulnerable.
(2) Removing links that no longer exist to get a clear picture of what your site is currently up to.
(3) Spotting and marking any suspicious links in the profile – the guide will show which links can be viewed as suspicious.
(4) Finding links with irrelevant anchor texts as anchor text diversity and relevancy is one of the key concerns associated with poor link profiles.
(5) Checking out-of-hand links manually to spot the poorest ones and start the removal process with them.
(6) Contacting webmaster of linking websites to request link removal.
(7) Eliminating keyword stuffing and duplicate content issues to make the content more Penguin-friendly.
(8) Keeping track of the ranking change, both for the curated and competing sites.
"Penguin 2.0 is neither the first nor the last search quality update from Google," says Aleh Barysevich, CMO, Link-Assistant.Com.
"From the top of the head, the solution to preserve high rankings is simple: don’t spam and you’ll be good. However, each time the update is announced, SEOs are worried their sites will be affected (especially if these are their clients’ sites) and they want running a double quality check. That is why we released this Guide: to help webmasters run an extra quality check and preserve high rankings for themselves and their clients in the face of Penguin 2.0," continues Aleh.
The Anti-Penguin 2.0 guide is available at http://www.link-assistant.com/news/new-google-penguine-update.html.
Want to stay current with other important SEO trends? Connect to Link-Assistant.Com on Facebook fb.me/LinkAssistant, Twitter @LinkAssistant or Google Plus gplus.to/LinkAssistant.
Link-Assistant.Com is major SEO and social media software provider and the company behind SEO PowerSuite and BuzzBundle. Users can rely on the company’s products alone to support the full web promotion and social media interaction cycle. Products can be downloaded for free from the company’s official website link-assistant.com.