San Diego, CA (PRWEB) May 22, 2013
This June, 1% for the Planet, the world’s largest environmental network, will join over 2,000 attendees at Sustainable Brands 2013 in San Diego, Ca. as a Bronze “Unplugged” Sponsor. Through its sponsorship, the network will bring 1% for the Planet Ambassador Chris Velan, a Montreal based singer and songwriter, to perform.
Sustainable Brands is an international community dedicated to understanding the important role that brands play in a successful future. The Sustainable Brands Conference serves as an opportunity for brands and professionals from around the world to come together to get inspired to create a better tomorrow.
Also in attendance at Sustainable Brands 2013 will be 1% for the Planet staff members Terry Kellogg, CEO, Melody Badgett, Managing Director, Brodie O’Brien, Director of Community Development, and Rebecca Callahan Klein, VP of Partnerships and Development. O’Brien and Callahan Klein will not only attend the four day conference, but will actively lead two separate discussions; Callahan Klein will moderate a panel while O’Brien will speak on the Expo Stage. The 1% for the Planet team will also exhibit in the Sustainable Brands Causeway for all four days.
Events with 1% for the Planet member involvement:
Monday, June 3:
- 1% for the Planet Member and Nonprofit meet-up and networking event in downtown San Diego
Tuesday, June 4:
- VIP Party, 7 p.m.: Chris Velan will perform an unplugged acoustic show
Wednesday, June 5:
- "Making Consumption Real: Sticky Visualization of Environmental Impacts", 2 p.m.: Rebecca Callahan Klein will moderate
- Sustainable Brands BBQ & Concert, 7:30 p.m.: Chris Velan will perform with the "Playing for Change Trio" of Grandpa Elliott, Mermans Mosengo, and Jason Tamba until the late night hours
Thursday, June 6:
- "Love Blue: The Business Case", 12:40 p.m.: Brodie O'Brien will speak on the Expo Stage about how 1% for the Planet members empower consumers to be part of the solution to environmental challenges
For more information on Sustainable Brands 2013, please visit: http://www.sustainablebrands.com/events/sb13.
About 1% for the Planet
Started in 2002 by Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia, and Craig Mathews, owner of Blue Ribbon Flies, 1% for the Planet is a platform of credibility and engagement for environmentally conscious brands that are truly committed to making a positive impact with their business. This global movement of more than 1200 member companies in 48 countries donate one percent of annual sales directly to approved environmental organizations worldwide. To learn more go to: http://onepercentfortheplanet.org.