LED light usage in surgical settings is growing rapidly for its increased efficiency, lower cost of ownership and lower maintenance requirement over other surgical lighting options.
Louisville, Ky. (PRWEB) May 23, 2013
DRE, Inc. is now offering the DRE Xavier-C3 LED Conversion Kit as a solution to upgrade older model DRE or BFW halogen headlights to LED technology without replacing the entire lighting system.
DRE and BFW customers can easily and affordably upgrade any older model DRE or BFW halogen headlights to LED with DRE’s American-made Xavier-C3 LED headlight conversion kit. The DRE Xavier C3 LED Conversion Kit provides a bright, clean and even field of illumination with the added intensity, longevity and brilliance of LED technology. The conversion kit comes complete with a new LED light harness, lithium ion battery pack and charger.
As long as your DRE or BFW headlight was manufactured after 1995 the conversion is applicable. The BFW Halogen II and Halogen III, as well as DRE’s Xavier-C2 and Xavier-MH models are all available for this upgrade.
LED light usage in surgical settings is growing rapidly for its increased efficiency, lower cost of ownership and lower maintenance requirement over other surgical lighting options. DRE offers many LED options in the form of surgical lights, surgical headlights, exam equipment and microscopy. LED has numerous benefits such as:
- Improved patient outcomes—LED emits less heat into the surgical field, making surgical staff more comfortable during long cases and reduces the risk of drying out exposed tissue.
- Better vision in the surgical field—LED light offers true white light and better R9 light which renders deeper, saturated red.
- Less distractions with decreased shadows—because LED lights consist of many overlapping diodes, even when blocked, the light remains consistent.
- Lower cost and maintenance—LEDs are rated to last 50,000 hours, meaning you will save time and money replacing halogen technology. LEDs also use less energy because they release energy as photons rather than heat.
- Environmentally friendly—LEDs are free of toxic chemicals, emit close to zero UV emissions and are recyclable, reducing the carbon footprint.
To find out more about DRE’s wide variety of LED products or which DRE and BFW products are eligible for this upgrade, customers can visit the DRE website or call one of our experts.
About DRE, Inc.:
Founded in 1984, DRE is a premier medical and surgical equipment supplier that provides a combination of new and professionally refurbished or used medical equipment to industry professionals around the globe. DRE offers value to doctors by providing the features and reliability they need while still fitting within their budget. DRE is located in Louisville, Ky.