Louisville, Kentucky (PRWEB) May 23, 2013
IdeaFestival® 2013 a leading celebration for creative thinkers and the intellectually curious, announces additional speakers and a limited number of Festival Passes are still available.The Festival boasts numerous speakers and performers who will inspire, entertain and promote the cross-fertilization of ideas and innovation from Sept. 25-27, at The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts. Festival Passes (formerly known as All-Access Passes) are currently on sale for $375.
This powerful, three-day event brings together an impressive list of emerging and well-known influencers from a variety of disciplines including science, the arts, design, business, film, technology, education and much more – all working towards the convergence and exploration of how ideas shape our future. Additional speakers and influencers announced for this year include:
- Oliver Burkeman, commentator and author who balances ideas about happiness, failure and success.
- Daphne Miller, practicing physician in San Francisco and recent author of Farmacology: What Innovative Family Farming Can Teach Us About Health and Healing.
- Paul Rucker, visual artist, composer and musician who combines media, often integrating live performance, sound, original compositions, and visual art.
- Cullen Murphy, commentator, Editor at Large at Vanity Fair and author of Rome: The Fall of an Empire and the Fate of America.
- Rachel Mayeri, Los Angeles-based artist working at the intersection of science and art. Her videos, installations and writing projects explore topics ranging from the history of special effects to the human animal.
- Alex Stone, magician, author and writer for Discover and The Wall Street Journal explores what magic teaches us about human nature and perception.
Visit ideafestival.com to learn more about the 2013 confirmed speakers to date.
Tickets for IdeaFestival’s annual kick-off day, Thrivals 6.0: The Quest Continues, are also available as an addition to a Festival Pass purchase for only $49. Thrivals sets the tone for the IdeaFestival each year by exploring a particular theme – this year learn how to break through the struggle of having big ideas in a limited and shortsighted world. Ron Finley, Los Angeles–based fashion designer turned fresh food activist, artist and guerrilla gardener will share his mission to revolutionize our approach to community, health and food.Thrivals 6.0 will be held on Tuesday, September 24, 2013.
Please visit ideafestival.com for more information and buy your Festival Pass. Stay Curious!
Founded in 2000, IdeaFestival® is a celebration for the intellectually curious. It’s an eclectic network of global thinkers and one-of-a-kind innovators bound together by an intense curiosity about what is impacting and shaping the future of the arts, business, technology, design, science, philosophy and education.
The Festival is held every fall in Louisville, Kentucky at The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts. The setting, thought-provoking sessions and informal tone make IdeaFestival a truly unique experience. Those who attend leave the event with interesting new ideas, a better sense of connectedness, an expanded network of relationships and lasting inspiration to help create change in the world.
Follow us @ideafestival and #IF13 to get the latest updates on speakers, sessions and affiliate events.