Established in 1979, the award honors the late Forest R. McFarland, who was an outstanding session organizer, a chairman of the Passenger Car Activity Committee and a member of the Engineering Meetings Board.
Warrendale, PA (PRWEB) May 23, 2013
SAE International named 26 mobility engineering professionals as winners of the 2013 Forest R. McFarland Award.
The Forest R. McFarland award recognizes individuals for outstanding contributions to the SAE Engineering Meetings Board and the development and dissemination of information through technical meetings, conferences, and professional development programs, or for contributions in facilitating or enhancing the interchange of technical information.
Established in 1979, the award honors the late Forest R. McFarland, who was an outstanding session organizer, a chairman of the Passenger Car Activity Committee and a member of the Engineering Meetings Board. Funding for this award is through a bequest by McFarland to SAE International and consists of a framed certificate presented at the SAE 2013 Government / Industry Meeting, SAE 2013 World Congress, SAE 2013 Noise and Vibration Conference, or SAE 2013 AeroTech Congress.
2013 award winners include:
- Dr. Mallikarjuna Bennur, Engineering Specialist & Group Leader, General Motors LLC
- Ken Farsi, VP of Engineering, Dassault Aircraft Services
- Michael Finkelstein, President, Michael Finkelstein & Associates
- Michael J. Flannagan, Research Associate Professor, University of Michigan
- Wes Fulton, CEO, Fulton Findings
- Scott Gillette, Manufacturing Manager, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems
- Raymond Kach, Supervisor, Ford Motor Company
- Kathleen Kedzior, Manager Business Development, MAHLE Test Systems
- Paul Kunder, Owner, Amera-Veritas Inc
- Alan A. Luo, GM Technical Fellow, General Motors LLC
- Pier Marzocca, Associate Professor, Clarkson University
- Ryan McGee, Technical Expert, Ford Motor Company
- Federico Millo, Associate Professor, Politecnico di Torino
- Dr. Rahul Mital, Global Technical Specialist, General Motors LLC
- Chadwyck T. Musser, Director of Automotive Acoustics, Cambridge Collaborative Inc.
- Dr. Rainer Neumann, Vice President Global Technology, Varroc Lighting Systems GmbH
- Luis Rabelo, Associate Professor, University of Central Florida
- Dr. Paul J. Richards, Retired, Innospec
- John P. Rugh, Senior Engineer, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Dr. Corina Sandu, Associate Professor, Virginia Tech
- Christof Schernus, Manager Innovation & Research, FEV GmbH
- Christopher E. Shaw, NVH Technical Fellow, Halla Visteon Climate Control
- Mark W. Smith, Staff Engineer, Lockheed Martin
- Dr. Ravi Thyagarajan, R&D Engineer, U.S. Army TARDEC
- Dr. Lianxiang Yang, Professor, Oakland University
- Dr. Aleksey Yezerets, Director of Catalyst Technology, Cummins, Inc.
SAE International is a global association of more than 138,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.