According to statistics, nearly 30 million children and adolescents participate in youth sports in the United States.
Westchester, Illinois (PRWEB) May 23, 2013
Illinois insurance agency, MIC Insurance Group, encourages parents and children all across America to celebrate Sports America Kids Month. This month-long observance kicks off on June 1st. The goal of Sports America Kids Month is to promote and encourage physical activities among children. Since MIC Insurance Group is a provider of youth sports insurance, the agency believes that this month is important to celebrate.
According to statistics, nearly 30 million children and adolescents participate in youth sports in the United States. While this number is fantastic, it is also believed that at least 70% of children who play sports will eventually quit for good by the time he or she turns 13 years old, according to SafeKids.org. Often times, the reason for this is due to parents and coaches. Instead of parents and adults discouraging children to be active and enjoy sports, it is time to encourage! The agency has a few tips to extend to parents this month:
- Encourage children to play outdoors with children in the neighborhood and after school with friends.
- Ask a child which sports he or she is interested in. If nothing, do not hesitate to give options and sign them up. Let them choose which sport they like the most.
- Always praise children for their good efforts on and off the field. Never put them down or be discouraging!
- If a child is injured on the field, do not force them to play in pain.
- Ask questions such as, “Did you have fun?” and “What was your favorite part of the game?” to encourage a positive response.
America must encourage youth to participate and stick with healthy team and individual sports. In doing so, the nation will be a little healthier and brighter in the future. Join MIC Insurance Group in celebrating, today!
MIC Insurance Group:
MIC Insurance Group is dedicated to providing insurance solutions focused on the wide world of sports! For over 20 years, the agency has provided youth sports teams, clinics and clubs with the protection that they deserve. It is also able to write policies on the business side of things, from non profit coverage to directors and officers insurance. Step up to the plate and contact MIC Insurance Group for a free quote, today!