According to Gartner, by 2016, 40 percent of mobile application development projects will leverage cloud backend services, causing development leaders to lose control of the pace and path of cloud adoption within their enterprises.
Reston, VA (PRWEB) May 23, 2013
AnyPresence, the leading enterprise backend-as-a-service (BaaS) platform, announced the general availability of its fourth generation solution. According to Gartner, “by 2016, 40 percent of mobile application development projects will leverage cloud backend services, causing development leaders to lose control of the pace and path of cloud adoption within their enterprises.”* AnyPresence targets enterprises looking to solve this challenge by establishing scalable infrastructure that makes it easier to cost-effectively mobile-enable their business processes.
“AnyPresence continues to raise the bar for what to expect from an enterprise-class backend service platform”, said Anirban Chakrabarti, AnyPresence CEO and Co-founder. “Unlike other MBaaS solutions like Kinvey, StackMob, and Parse, AnyPresence was optimized for enterprise use cases, such as hybrid deployments and IT data source integration, from day one. Furthermore, because of our unique no lock-in architecture, CIOs can rest assured that AnyPresence can adapt to their existing development processes, resources, and IT infrastructure going forward.”
This latest release adds significant development accelerators and integration with best-of-breed technology partners to further reduce enterprise app development costs and time-to-market. Among the list of enhancements delivered and already being used by customers are:
- Application Cloning: For organizations looking to build multiple apps that have common core functionality with only minor variations, this powerful feature allows them to create a copy of an existing app along with all data source, object, and user interface definitions, saving significant development effort.
- Automated App UI Testing: Developers who use AnyPresence to generate a starter mobile app user interface (UI), now get the added benefit of functional test scripts for native iOS, native Android, and jQuery Mobile web apps. These test scripts can be run to ensure the app is interacting with backend functionality as expected, saving time in testing and improving reliability.
- Custom Server Extensions: While developers have always been able to add custom code to objects within AnyPresence, they can now create re-usable “Extensions” that can be shared across teams or lines of business. This also enables third parties to encapsulate their services as official AnyPresence Extensions, enabling a marketplace of add-ons that can be used across the AnyPresence customer base.
- Enterprise App Store Integration: AnyPresence now supports the ability to deploy apps to employees directly via enterprise app stores powered by Mobile Application Management (MAM) or Mobile Device Management (MDM) vendors. Apperian EASE is first MAM partner solution to be integrated directly with the AnyPresence Designer.
- Cloud Infrastructure Management: For the default cloud backend server deployment to Heroku, administrators can now control the performance characteristics of their app and choose from hundreds of Heroku add-ons directly from the AnyPresence Designer. This seamless integration enables developers to plan for the required capacity and usage of each individual backend server instance and manage them from one central location.
For the complete list of over 90 enterprise app development accelerators available in the latest AnyPresence platform release, please visit: http://www.anypresence.com/all-features.php.
AnyPresence is a revolutionary enterprise backend-as-a-service platform that dramatically reduces the time and cost of mobile-enabling enterprise business processes, products, and services. It is the only solution that offers organizations the ability to assemble and deploy backend servers, SDKs, and starter apps for iOS, Android, and HTML5, without platform “lock-in”. Powered by a robust mobile backend-as-a-service (MBaaS), AnyPresence also provides pre-assembled mobile app templates, a design-time API, and other patent-pending capabilities to further accelerate time-to-market. The platform is easy to use, yet flexible enough to enable source code-level customization or on-premise hosting options. For more information, and to stay up to date on AnyPresence news, please visit http://www.anypresence.com and follow @AnyPresence on Twitter.
- Gartner Press Release “Gartner Says By 2016, 40 Percent of Mobile Application Development Projects Will Leverage Cloud Mobile Back-End Services,” April 30, 2013.