CraveOnline Polls Seek Answers to Men’s Movie-Spending Habits

Share Article

Evolve Media’s CraveOnline (http://www.craveonline.com), the largest online male lifestyle publisher, announced results today from CraveOnline’s May poll questions regarding the male movie-going experience. Hundreds of Crave users answered the film-themed questions on what they like, what they don’t like, and how much they want to pay for it.

Evolve Media’s CraveOnline (http://www.craveonline.com), the largest online male lifestyle publisher, announced results today from CraveOnline’s May poll questions regarding the male movie-going experience. Hundreds of Crave users answered the film-themed questions on what they like, what they don’t like, and how much they want to pay for it.

When asked how much readers would spend for an enhanced theater experience—including 3D showings, IMAX screens, and dine-in theaters—26 percent said they are happy to pay up to $15 for an upgraded time at the movies. Raising the stakes higher, another 12 percent said $20 was the limit, and 9 percent said they'd put forth $25. Meanwhile, 53 percent of readers still make an effort to catch matinee screenings for the best price possible.

When it comes to choosing between seeing a film in the theater and just waiting for the feature to come on DVD, 42 percent said that decision hinges mostly on the movie itself. Of the remaining 58 percent, more than two-thirds—an overwhelming 40 percent—said there was nothing like seeing a movie as it was intended to be seen—in a theater. Only 18 percent said watching a movie at home was just as good as taking a trip to the cineplex.

Finally, Crave asked how movie fans watch trailers for upcoming films. Unsurprisingly, 59 percent stated that online is now their preferred method for watching new trailers. Meanwhile, 16 percent still see trailers in the theater; 14 percent say they watch those previews on TV; 6 percent use a tablet; and 4 percent watch on one their mobile phone screens.

“This month’s poll results reaffirm what we’ve known all along: men love movies and the theater-going experience,” said Jason Kobely, Executive Editor at CraveOnline. “And while they're clearly conscious of where their money is going, it seems they care far more about the quality and integrity of the films they're seeing than exactly how that feature is presented."

To read the full CraveOnline story on men’s movie-spending habits, click here: http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/493851-craveonline-poll.

About CraveOnline Media, LLC

CraveOnline (http://www.craveonline.com) is the #1 male lifestyle destination featuring video, movies, TV, music, sports, games, cars, humor and more. As the largest male lifestyle publishing company, CraveOnline Media attracts over 30 million unique visitors per month. CraveOnline strives to get users the most up-to-date and coolest content on the web. For advertisers, CraveOnline produces custom, integrated media programs that leverage rich media, video, mobile and social in ways that allow the marketing message to be an uninterrupted part of the user experience. Recent brand advertisers include Schick, Wrigley, IKEA, Universal, LG, Nikon, Coke, Pepsi, Unilever. The company is based in Los Angeles with sales offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, and Toronto. CraveOnline is part of Evolve Media, LLC.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Annie Carone
Visit website