Water can be a Smartphone’s worst enemy.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) May 24, 2013
Many consumers will be heading out of town this Memorial Day weekend. With the summer warmth, consumers love nothing more than kicking up their feet up and getting some sun before diving (or being thrown into) a friend’s pool, lake or ocean. But, water can be a smartphone’s worst enemy.
Below are some consumer tips for keeping their smartphone safe from water damage:
- Place the phone in a waterproof case or even a sealed baggie
- Consumers should take their phone out of their pocket if near a pool or lake. You never know when someone sneaky will try to push you in.
- Keep the phone indoors if possible, or keep it elevated to avoid any potential water puddles.
- Don’t let children play with the phone. They may think it’s a toy and toss it into the pool
Mobile gadget insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble, offers smartphone insurance that provides coverage for unexpected events like theft, accidental damage (including water damage), loss and breakdowns outside of the manufacturer's warranty period, with 24 hour replacement of the device. Visit ProtectYourBubble.com for more information.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and
travel―all for today’s modern consumer.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for travelers including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car damage and much more. Plan services include 24/7 emergency assistance , Consult a Doctor™, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and tee-time scheduling.
- Rental Car - For those hitting the open road in a rental car, it’s important to remember that rental car damage protection is a great way to cover your rental car while on your road trip.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
- Renters – Plans protects customers against theft, fire, lightning, wind, hail, smoke, vandalism, water damage liability (where applicable), earthquakes and power surges in most states. Content limits start at $10,000, with personal liability limits under $100,000.
- ID Theft Protection – The program offers a full array of prevention services, including 24/7 access to customer service and education about identity theft protection. Detection services include credit and identity monitoring, both important early warning tools that notify customers about potential fraud involving their credit or identity. To resolve any identity theft incidents, certified resolution specialists are available 24/7 to work directly with customers to manage the entire resolution process from start to finish.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit us.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA