San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) May 28, 2013
For those already longing for the next season of HBO series “Game of Thrones,” Viator.com has launched two new tours that put travelers in the center of this popular epic fantasy adventure. Not settling for re-runs and DVDs, Viator – the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide – has built a collection of exciting experiences to give fans an insider’s look into some of today’s most popular shows and movies including Downton Abbey, Dr. Who, Sherlock Holmes, and Harry Potter as well as past favorites like The Sopranos, Sex and the City and Jurassic Park.
Game of Thrones: Dubrovnik
A Viator exclusive not bookable anywhere else, the 'Game of Thrones' Walking Tour of Dubrovnik is led by an expert guide who shares insider scoop on the series and introduces travelers to the fictional city of King's Landing while exploring Dubrovnik’s UNESCO-listed Old Town. Fans can climb the city walls and look out over Blackwater Bay, visit Lovrijenac Fortress to learn about the evil exploits of King Joffrey, and follow in the footsteps of Ayra Stark.
Game of Thrones: Belfast
The 'Game of Thrones' and Giant's Causeway Tour from Belfast is a private exploration into the series and the settings filmed across Northern Ireland that includes a visit to the caves where Melisandre of Asshai gave birth to a shadow baby as well as the town of Ballycastle. Fans can pose for photos on the Dark Hedges road before crossing the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge with a stop for lunch at picturesque Lordsport Harbour. This insider’s tour is followed by free time to explore the UNESCO-listed Giant’s Causeway.
UK’s Hottest Locations Tours
London and the UK serve as the backdrop of many popular programs and films and Viator has a selection of experiences to bring fans closer to their beloved characters, plots and even some secrets.
- Private Tour: 'Downton Abbey’ Film Locations Tour by Private Chauffeur lets fans travel in style just like the Crawleys themselves to locations like Highclere Castle (the real-life Downtown Abbey) and the village of Bampton (the real-life Downton village). Downton Abbey is currently in production. Travelers should check the Viator website for complete scheduling information.
- The Doctor Who Tour of London is a family-friendly private ride through London visiting well-known spots and hidden gems from the iconic film and TV series, thrilling and chilling since 1963.
- From Diagon Alley to the Leaky Cauldron, Viator’s Private Tour: Harry Potter Black Taxi Tour of London explores the fanciful world of Harry. Fans of the series will enjoy Viator’s large selection of Harry Potter tours.
- Led by a film-expert guide, Sherlock Holmes Film Location Tour in London explores the 1979 thriller “Murder by Decree” as well as the London of Robert Downey, Jr.’s Holmes and Watson.
- Can’t pick a favorite? The brand new London Film Location Walking Tour: Bridget Jones' Diary, Sherlock Holmes and Harry Potter visits multiple London filming hotspots and iconic attractions including Big Ben, South Bank and Westminster.
Viator’s collection of movie and TV tours across the US in places like L.A., New York and Hawaii features fan favorites like Gossip Girl, The Sopranos, Sex and the City, Men in Black, Pretty Woman, 50 First Dates and Jurassic Park. To learn more about Viator’s latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news, travelers can check out the Viator Travel Blog and follow the Viator on Facebook and Twitter.
Viator is the world’s leading resource to discover and book travel activities, providing online and mobile access to more than 15,000 curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 350,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site -- Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android, the Viator Shore Excursions website as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 2,500 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.