According to the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) and the University of Kentucky, 99.6% of United States based professional pest management companies have encountered a bed bug infestation in the past year.
Worthington, OH (PRWEB) May 29, 2013
According to the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) and the University of Kentucky, 99.6% of United States based professional pest management companies have encountered a bed bug infestation in the past year. In addition to the national statistics, locally, Marion Public Health based in Marion, Ohio, has received more reports of bed bugs than ever before. With a rise in concern for residents of Ohio, Insurance Partners Group wants to help provide tips to local pest control companies on how to handle bed bug extermination requests.
It is important for pest controllers to handle each situation uniquely and with care. Clients may check for bed bugs on their own, but experts must remember they are the ones in control of the invasions so things don’t get out of hand. Pest control companies can remind residents to create their own policy to follow in order help successfully eliminate bed bugs. The plan can include prevention, detection, and elimination steps. Here are some other tips to offer to residents to maintain a pest free home:
- Know how to identify bed bugs.
- Bed bugs can enter a home through many methods, such as on luggage, clothing, and public transportation.
- If bed bugs are found, separate laundry into plastic bags so the clothes can be washed directly, without bugs escaping. Dry the clothes on the highest setting.
- Vacuum off or hand wash luggage if bed bugs are suspected. Also use a brush to scrub with, especially where bugs and eggs may be located.
- On carpets, fabric drapes, and upholstered furniture, vacuum them weekly to eliminate the risk of bed bugs.
- By caulking cracks along baseboards, sealing holes in areas where pipes go through, and reducing clutter in the bedroom, bed bugs can be minimized.
- Hire a pest control service if a bed bug infestation gets out of control.
Insurance Partners Group understands that the job of pest controllers is to protect the public from pests, but who is protecting their business? Insurance Partners Group can! The team here can provide a specialized pest control insurance program to those who are interested. This plan can safeguard businesses by being tailored to meet the specific risks and requirements that are discussed. To learn more about the policy, contact one of the agents at 888.509.1730 today!
About Insurance Partners Group:
With three generations of experience, Insurance Partners Group is a full-service insurance agency that is ready to provide insurance, bonding and loss control services. Its number one goal is to provide comprehensive, innovative and affordable programs for all of Ohio – from individuals to business and professional clients. The agency has a direct representation with a large number of regional insurance carriers, as well as affiliations with brokerage firms. Insurance Partners Group works hard to build its clients the perfect policy.