Orlando, Florida (PRWEB) May 30, 2013
When water damage occurs it can be an overwhelming and devastating experience for any homeowner. Water damage can occur for any number of reasons, from plumbing issues to natural disasters, including floods and hurricanes.
Regardless of the reason, it’s not only difficult to see one’s home destroyed, but the process to handle insurance claims and have the damage repaired can be overwhelming. Often, after incurring water damage, many homeowners attempt to handle the repairs themselves, rather than hiring a reputable restoration company. Unfortunately this approach can lead to further loss and destruction. Restoration following water damage should only be completed by trained professionals, because not only will the property be protected, but also the health and safety of the occupants of a home.
A.B. Floors & Restoration, the leading provider of water damage restoration in Orlando, created a list of tips to help homeowners handle water damage efficiently.
1. Contact a professional service immediately after realizing there is water damage in a home. A professional restoration service will be able to prevent further damage from occurring, and can also bill an insurance company directly.
2. Stop the leak from continuing or spreading, as soon as is reasonably possible. Many insurance companies won’t cover the damage if the leak continues for an extended period of time. If a leak is ignored for too long, often the insurance company will deny the claim because of negligence.
3. Take a picture of the origin of the problem that led to the water damage, prior to having repairs completed. In addition, take pictures of the standing water while it’s still present. Taking pictures, or even videos, is especially important if repairs are completed before an insurance adjuster can view the damage.
4. Keep a sample of the damaged materials from the home—this can include flooring, cabinets or any other area that was damaged as a result of the water. Don’t throw away the samples until an insurance adjuster has seen these items.
5. Select a repair company that specializes in repairing property damaged as a result of water. A trained and certified water restoration company, such as A.B. Floors & Restoration, will not only be able to provide repair services, but also assist in the reconstruction of property and provide services such as painting, flooring and cabinet replacement and cleaning, when necessary. The restoration company should have an excellent rating with the Better Business Bureau, as well as positive customer reviews.
About A.B. Floors & Restoration
A.B. Floors & Restoration is the leading provider of water damage restoration in Orlando, as well as other services including hardwood flooring in Orlando and remodeling in Orlando, and the company has restoration experts accredited by the IIRC. Additionally, the company consistently maintains an A+ rating with the BBB. To contact A.B. Floors, visit their website at http://www.abfloors.com or call (407) 513-4787.