Seek out the sunshine with the help of Emerald Desert RV Resort’s top 5 tips for a summer desert vacation.
Palm Desert, CA (PRWEB) May 30, 2013
Break out of the weather rut and escape “June Gloom.” Head to beautiful Palm Desert, where sunny skies and warm temperatures are everyday occurrences.
Why wait for summer to arrive? Seek out the sunshine with the help of Emerald Desert RV Resort's top six tips for a summer desert vacation.
1. Aerial Tramway: Watch the world below while climbing nearly 6,000 feet on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. Ride in the world’s largest rotating tramcar and enjoy a reprieve from the desert valley heat. Temperatures at Mountain Station are typically 20 to 30 degrees cooler. Enjoy a casual lunch or fine dining dinner while overlooking all of Coachella Valley. In celebration of the Tramway’s 50th anniversary, unlimited passes are only $50.
2. Soak City: Have fun cooling down at Knotts Soak City in Palm Springs. Exciting slides, lazy rivers, and an interactive family fun house will keep the whole family cool and happy. Knotts Soak City also hosts “Dive In” Movies every Friday from June 21 through August 28.
3. Museums: The Palm Springs Air Museum offers an experience that will captivate the interest of the entire family. The air-conditioned museum is home to one of the world’s largest collections of flyable World War II aircraft. The Palm Springs Art Museum displays everything from Native American, to glass, to contemporary works. Head over to the Agua Caliente Cultural Museum to learn about the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians and other indigenous peoples.
4. Evening Adventures: Beat the heat by exploring under the cover of night. Take an off-road tour of the San Andreas Fault or hike with night vision equipment amongst the eerie moonscapes of Joshua Tree National Park. Adventurers can also get a glimpse of the desert’s amazing nocturnal creatures.
5. Theaters: Enjoy a little entertainment while taking a break from the sun. The McCallum Theatre features world-class concerts, ballets, plays, and more. The Indio Performing Arts Center hosts fantastic local and national shows and concerts.
6. Casinos: This one is for the adults. No trip to the Coachella Valley is complete without a visit to one of the five casino resorts that are conveniently situated throughout the area. They offer everything from fine dining and spa treatments, to luxurious amenities, to entertainment. Guests, of course, can also put their luck to the test with state-of-the art gaming.
Bonus Fun: When guests aren’t exploring the area, Emerald Desert offers two refreshing pools. Guests can also head into the air-conditioned clubhouse to enjoy a game of cards, shoot some pool, or relax in front of the flat screen TV.
Book your stay at Emerald Desert RV Resort and enjoy an amazing desert vacation at http://www.emeralddesert.com.
About Emerald Desert RV Resort:
Known as Sunland’s crown jewel, Emerald Desert RV Resort is located in beautiful and sunny Palm Desert, CA. Emerald Desert’s 251 full-service RV sites are set on 33 acres of meticulously manicured grounds. Rental villas, first-class amenities, and an on-site activities coordinator make Emerald Desert RV Resort the perfect location for short trips, extended stays, and special events. To learn more about this desert oasis, visit http://www.emeralddesert.com.