Raleigh, NC (PRWEB) May 31, 2013
Fairlady Media today announces the release of Grandma's Kitchen on the App Store, a universal app on sale for a limited time for .99 USD (regular price, 1.99 USD). In this game for young children ages 4 to 7, a dancing Grandma and her silly utensils teach kindergarten and first grade skills in 7 mini-games, along with videos of real kitchens in action.
Grandma provides loving attention and positive encouragement as the player bakes together some compound words, snatches healthy veggies hiding in the fridge, and uses ingredients to make and decorate a cake. Children learn to spot the differences between the desserts, count by tens to tally the cookies, and choose the clock that shows when the cake will be done. Kids can interact with Grandma and watch videos of real-live cooking action.
Grandma's Kitchen includes seven action-packed mini-games:
1. Spot the Difference. One of those desserts has an extra chocolate chip… can you spot the one that is different?
2. Word Bake. Let’s put the dough words on the pan to see which ones bake into compound words!
3. Utensil Patterns. Figure out which nutty utensil comes next in the pattern.
4. Food Math. Wow, look at all those pickles! Count by tens to find out how many there are!
5. Pick the Clock. Our cake will be done at 3:00! Can you find the clock with that time?
6. First Letters. Can you find the first two letters in the word “snack”?
7. Fridge Fun. Those fast-moving veggies are hiding in the fridge… put them in the bowl, but don’t grab the junk food!
Grandma's Kitchen covers the following educational content:
+ Consonant blends: fl, sp, gl, gr, fr, br, st, dr, bl, cr, br, pr, sn, and pl.
+ Telling time: analog clock to the hour
+ Colors: orange, purple, brown, green, yellow, pink
+ Vocabulary: over 100 kitchen-related words (e.g. spatula, vanilla, ingredients, etc)
+ Healthy eating: identify unhealthy foods, eat a variety of foods
+ Compound words: over 30 words (e.g. oatmeal, seafood, cookbook, etc)
+ Math: numeral recognition/counting: 1-30, counting by tens, addition
+ Pattern recognition (AB, ABC, ABCD, ABA, ABBA, AABB)
+ Observation skills (spot the difference)
Grandma's Kitchen also includes a number of educational features, including:
+ Seven educational mini-games: Spot the Difference, Word Bake, Utensil Patterns, Food Math, Pick the Clock, First Letters, and Fridge Fun.
+ Seven narrated educational videos of real kitchens in action.
+ Fun interactive add-ins: wash dishes, make and eat a cake, give Grandma a kiss, lick the spatula.
+ Colorful graphics, professional-quality music, sound effects, and voices.
+ Dancing, animated Grandma.
+ Adult can select which mini-games are active.
+ Developed by an Educational Psychologist and parents. Tested by children.
+ Universal app, optimized for iPhone5, iPad with Retina display, and iPhone/iPod Touch
"We've had overwhelming requests from parents and teachers to create more games in the Grandma and Grandpa series. Kids love the warm, friendly characters and fun mini-games, and parents and teachers appreciate the solid educational content," said Constance Bossert, Co-Founder of Raleigh-based Fairlady Media.
- iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch iOS 5.1 or later
Pricing and Availability:
The Grandma's Kitchen App is currently on sale for .99 USD exclusively from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at http://www.itunes.com/appstore.