These results show a strong and growing demand from foreign buyers and investors in Miami real estate.
Miami, FL (PRWEB) May 31, 2013
France ranked among the top countries searching for Miami properties on Miamire.com in April 2013, according to the 27,000-member MIAMI Association of Realtors (MIAMI). Statistics for the MIAMI website also show that South Florida, the top area in the nation for international real estate buyers, remains the focus of consumers from a diverse group of nations.
French Interest in Miami Market Grows
France topped the list of countries—second only to the U.S.—that conducted searches on the MIAMI website in April. This boost of interest is credited to MIAMI’s participation at the Salon National de l’Immobilier, which was held April 11 through 14, 2013, in Paris.
“The association’s participation in international conferences, such as the Salon National de l’Immobilier, has been an excellent way to draw new foreign buyers and investors in the Miami real estate market,” MIAMI CEO Teresa King Kinney said. MIAMI has been presenting at the Salon National de l’Immobilier since 2005.
The top countries for consumers searching South Florida properties on Miamire.com (Miami Association of Realtors Property Search) in April 2013 remained the same as the previous month, with interest growing most among foreign buyers and investors in France, Brazil, and Canada:
April 2013 April 2012
1. United States 1. United States
2. France 2. Canada
3. Brazil 3. Brazil
4. Canada 4. Spain
5. Colombia 5. Colombia
6. Venezuela 6. Uruguay
7. Germany 7. France
8. Italy 8. Venezuela
9. Argentina 9. Argentina
10. India 10. India
“These results show a strong and growing demand from foreign buyers and investors in Miami real estate,” said 2013 Chairman of the Board of the MIAMI Association of REALTORS Natascha Tello. “Miami remains a hub of global activity, drawing consumers from various countries. This strength differentiates us from the rest of the U.S. and fuels our vibrant real estate market.”
Miami Top Market for Consumers from Spain Due to Association Outreach
The Miami-Fort Lauderdale area is consistently one of the top markets for most of the highest ranking countries searching for property in the U.S, according the latest information from Realtor.com and Realtor.com/internationl.
Similar to France, the MIAMI Association of Realtors outreach in Spain has made Miami the top market for Spanish consumers searching U.S. property. MIAMI has exhibited at SIMA (Madrid Real Estate Expo) for nine consecutive years and is currently in Madrid promoting the Miami real estate market. In commemoration of the 500th anniversary of Ponce de Leon discovering Florida, the Sunshine State is the featured market at SIMA this year. Miami was the featured market during the Florida conference at SIMA, where the MIAMI Association presented information on the local real estate market to an international audience.
According to Realtor.com®, the top countries (outside the U.S.) where global consumers were most engaged on Realtor.com® & Realtor.com® International in March 2013 were:
- *Canada: Las Vegas, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Detroit, Naples
- *U.K.: Los Angeles, Orlando, Miami, Houston, Las Vegas
- *Germany: San Antonio, Los Angeles, Cape Coral, Miami, Las Vegas
- Australia: New York, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Houston, Detroit,
- Japan: San Diego, Alpharetta, Las Vegas, San Diego, San Antonio
- Mexico: San Diego, El Paso, Laredo, San Antonio, Las Vegas
- India: Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago, Dallas, Houston
- *Brazil: Orlando, Miami, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Miami Beach
- China: Detroit, Los Angeles, Irvine, Las Vegas, Orlando
- *France: Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, Miami Beach, San Diego
- *Russian Federation: Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, New York, Detroit
- South Korea: Las Vegas, Irvine, Los Angeles, San Antonio, Columbus
- *Italy: Miami, Los Angeles, Miami Beach, New York, San Diego
- *Netherlands: Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Houston, Las Vegas
- *Switzerland: Miami, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, Raleigh
- *Spain: Miami, Los Angeles, New York, Las Vegas, San Diego
- *Ireland: Los Angeles, New York, Orlando, Chicago, Miami
- *Sweden: Los Angeles, Detroit, Parkland (FL), Miami, Fort Lauderdale
- *Belgium: Los Angeles, Miami, Las Vegas, Naperville (IL), Orlando
- Philippines: Las Vegas, Saint Paul (MN), Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Henderson (NV)
*Country with Miami or Fort Lauderdale as top searches.
On a national level, the latest figures from Realtor.com and Realtor.com/International rank Miami second only to Los Angeles among the top ten overall most searched U.S. cities by non-U.S. consumers throughout the month of March 2013. Miami moved up from fourth place in earlier rankings. Fort Lauderdale ranks eighth.
1. Los Angeles, CA
2. Miami, FL
3. Las Vegas, NV
4. Orlando, FL
5. Detroit, MI
6. Houston, TX
7. New York, NY
8. Fort Lauderdale, FL
9. San Diego, CA
10. Chicago, IL
Based on the 2012 Miami International Market Report, Miami attracts a significant number of buyers from countries not reflected in property search rankings above, including Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, and Ecuador. For the latest information on who is buying in South Florida, go to http://www.miamire.com/international/resources.
“We continue to see buyers from new markets interested in all that Miami has to offer,” said 2013 MIAMI Association of REALTORS Residential President Fernando I. Martinez. “It’s clear that investors know that the Miami and South Florida area is a profitable opportunity.”
About the MIAMI Association of REALTORS
The MIAMI Association of REALTORS was chartered by the National Association of Realtors in 1920 and is celebrating 93 years of service to Realtors, the buying and selling public, and the communities in South Florida. Comprised of four organizations, the Residential Association, the Realtors Commercial Alliance, the Broward County Board of Governors, and the International Council, it represents more than 26,000 real estate professionals in all aspects of real estate sales, marketing, and brokerage. It is the largest local Realtor association in the U.S., and has partnerships with more than 100 international organizations worldwide. MIAMI’s official website is http://www.miamire.com.