Charlotte, NC (PRWEB) June 11, 2013
It may come as a shock to many Americans what the NSA and Obama administration has been up to for many years however, there is something to learn from this most recent scandal.
There are really 5 keys any entrepreneur can learn.
1. Capture Client Data Now – If you aren't collecting all your clients information, begin immediately. That means, all contact information, purchase history, birthdays and preferences. With this data the potential to grow your business is limitless. Without this data, you are just another company trudging along hoping someone walks thru your door.
2. Get Authorization from Client – Get authorization from your clients to gather and use the data you capture. In addition, it is a great strategy to avoid government interference in your business practice like the ‘Do Not Call List’ and ‘Cann Spam Laws’. With permission from your prospects and clients, the government can’t take those methods of communication away in your pursuit of increased business.
3. Mine the Data with Better Service as the Goal – When using the data you capture, your main focus should be improving the level of service you provide your clients. That includes, making relevant offers at the right time and via the right media channels. This goal will avoid the alienation of the most valuable asset your business has, your customer list and relationship.
4. Act in Good Faith – As your most valuable asset, guard this data with your business life. Do not sell it, rent it or otherwise risk the relationship and trust your clients place in you and your business.
5. Improve Data Mining Skills – Over time, as you build your database with accurate and relevant information you will improve the use of this data. One way is to ‘Clone’ your best clients so you can increase the traffic of similar prospects. In addition to gaining more high value clients, when you track your results and look for continuous improvement, your success and profits will snowball year after year.
When these 5 strategies are implemented in any business, results will follow. The results will happen even quicker when they are paired with excellent marketing. Your business will dominate your marketplace and your clients will love you for it.
Matt Sellhorst is the founder of Boat Dealer Profits. Author of soon to be release book “Marine Marketing Strategies: “Which Ones Actually Work… And Which Ones Are Guaranteed to Drain Your Bank account, Jeopardize Your Margins and Squash Your Dealership’s Quest for Higher Profit”. He also coaches boat dealers to develop more profitable businesses by providing top-notch service and utilizing profitable marketing strategies. http://www.successfulboatdealer.com and http://www.boatdealerprofits.com.