This 12-credit certificate teaches strategies for small and medium-sized enterprises that require a new set of skills to manage a global workforce.
Newark, NJ (PRWEB) June 04, 2013
NJIT offers an online 12-credit Global Technology Management graduate certificate program. Over the past decade, successful outsourcing strategies have evolved from a client/vendor relationship to an integrated team approach. Small and medium-sized enterprises have leveraged outsourcing to gain scalability and cost competitiveness in the marketplace. Many of these firms have expanded their outsourcing relationships to Build-Operate-Transfer models to ensure that core institutional knowledge remains a part of their company’s assets and value propositions.
NJIT Continuing Professional Education offers adult learners an online Global Technology Management graduate certificate. This 12-credit certificate teaches strategies for small and medium-sized enterprises that require a new set of skills to manage a global workforce. Today, successful outsourcing involves much more than having the pre-requisite technical skills to execute a client project or establish and maintain a dedicated relationship. Successfully managing a globally integrated workforce demands new skills that focus on the following critical success factors:
- Global communications and leadership across cultures, environment and infrastructure protocols
- Strategic IT project management
- Global enterprise architecture
- Data integrity and network security
- Global market and risk management
Information on the Online Global Technology Management Graduate Certificate:
- 12 credits – four classes
- One year to complete (on average)
- Can be studied the following ways: Online, Partially Online or Classroom
- This certificate program is intended for managers, project leads, and engineers seeking to enhance their managerial skills in the evolving global economy.
- Financial Assistance for students who study part-time (6 credits or more). U.S. income tax education credits can be applied as well.
- New Jersey residents studying online and/or on-campus are charged, as always, in-state tuition rate. Residents living anywhere in world outside New Jersey qualify for new, more affordable graduate online tuition rate. This new rate is significantly lower than out-of-state tuition to attend graduate classes on campus.
NJIT, New Jersey's science and technology university, enrolls more than 9,944 students pursuing bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in 120 programs. The university consists of six colleges: Newark College of Engineering, College of Architecture and Design, College of Science and Liberal Arts, School of Management, College of Computing Sciences and Albert Dorman Honors College. U.S. News & World Report’s 2012 Annual Guide to America's Best Colleges ranked NJIT in the top tier of national research universities. NJIT is internationally recognized for being at the edge in knowledge in architecture, applied mathematics, wireless communications and networking, solar physics, advanced engineered particulate materials, nanotechnology, neural engineering and e-learning. Many courses and certificate programs, as well as graduate degrees, are available online through the Division of Continuing Professional Education.