journalists are “time-poor” and must juggle hundreds of demands on their time
London (PRWEB UK) 5 June 2013
There are around 3,100 asset management companies registered in Europe, many offering similar products and struggling to compete on price or performance. Public relations can improve a firm’s brand experience and help establish it in investors’ minds – a familiarity without which many won’t invest.
However, companies need to get their strategies right and be media-savvy, advised Wynne.
Here are some of his top tips:
1) Plan a media strategy: set clear desired outcomes; know what the message is and who it needs to reach, and which publications can achieve this; check spokespeople are media-trained and measure progress.
2) Understand the media: journalists are “time-poor” and must juggle hundreds of demands on their time daily, so they expect to return from meetings with a story; develop relationships with the most relevant journalists in the sector; educate them about the wider industry, as this benefits them and delivers a message.
3) Don’t be afraid to try a varied media strategy: features and in-depth analysis articles can form an important part of the media mix, but work best where a strong relationship with a journalist exists.
4) Consider the in-house versus outsourced question: agencies and consultancies have established journalist networks, but they work best when someone in-house “owns” the relationship; they should deliver positive/expected results and report regularly.
5) Measure results: the goal here is to find the link between success and results; align measurement of a campaign with key marketing KPIs such as lead generation, website traffic, hits or downloads; keep it simple though – analysis should be user-friendly; collate quantitative and qualitative data on media coverage and analyse what message has been delivered.
The webinar was part of ProFundCom's series examining financial services marketing across the spectrum, designed to help those in the hedge fund and asset management space thrive in a highly competitive environment.
ProFundCom is a leading email consultancy designed specifically to support sales and marketing to the financial community. Headquartered in London, the firm works with brokers, hedge funds, large fund managers, wealth management boutiques and asset managers. ProFundCom was founded in 2005 by Paul Das. http://www.profundcom.net
For any media enquiries or to speak to an expert source, contact:
Richard Morris: 0208 144 4010