“Internet infrastructure is one of the most exciting spaces currently operating on the web” - Jeremy Hitchcock, CEO of Dyn
Manchester, NH (PRWEB) June 04, 2013
Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Infrastructure as a Service, announced that it will host Geek Summer Camp, their first-ever user conference for both the Internet infrastructure and web performance industries.
The two-day event, held Aug. 7-8 at the company’s 60,000-square foot Manchester, New Hampshire headquarters, will feature some of the biggest names in tech innovation and web performance.
Announced keynotes thus far:
- Dean Kamen, founder of FIRST, a program that gets students interested in science, technology, and engineering, the inventor of the Segway and founder of Manchester’s DEKA
- Cricket Liu, the man who literally wrote the book on DNS (O’Reilly’s DNS & BIND) and is SVP, Architecture at InfoBlox
- Joshua Baer, Chief Innovation Officer at email intelligence leaders Return Path and Managing Director of Capital Factory, a seed stage mentoring program for startups
- John Lynch, former four-time New Hampshire governor, former CEO of Knoll Inc. and former Director of Admissions at Harvard Business School
- Mark Imbriaco, VP, Technical Operations at Github, longtime Dyn Thought Leadership Council member
In addition to the keynotes, leaders in companies like Box, Etsy and Red Hat will lead a series of panels on topics covering:
- Speed and Optimization
- Scalability and Redundancy
- Security and DDoS
- Managing/Controlling Infrastructure
Registration is now open, but the number of passes available is limited.
“Internet infrastructure is one of the most exciting spaces currently operating on the web,” said Jeremy Hitchcock, CEO of Dyn. “We wanted to bring together some of the key players within the industry to discuss some of the biggest issues of the day. We made it a summer camp because New Hampshire is a great destination that time of year.”
While there will be a lot of information to learn, the conference will stay true to its summer camp name. That is why the first day of the conference will conclude with a Music Meets Tech DynTini. The concert will be headlined by The Parlotones, the multiplatinum-selling South African rock band.
“We have been to hundreds of conferences all over the world,” said Kyle York, Dyn Chief Revenue Officer. “But, none of them will be like Geek Summer Camp. This is one of a kind and the can’t miss event of the summer.”
For more information, visit http://www.geeksummercamp.com.
Incorporated in 2001, Dyn is the worldwide Internet Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) leader, powering Managed DNS, Traffic Management, Email Delivery & Email Reporting for more than four million enterprise, small business and personal users. With nearly 20 data centers around the world and industry-leading uptime for over 10 years, Dyn’s commitment to customer relationships and engineering excellence shines every day. Uptime is the Bottom Line.
Dyn Media Contact
Adam Coughlin | acoughlin(at)dyn(dot)com | 603.714.5798