Chicago, IL (PRWEB) June 05, 2013
This summer, discerning travelers seeking a unique, luxurious getaway in the heart of a vibrant metropolis are invited to visit Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago, where world-class dining, entertaining vacation packages, outdoor activities and a prime location within steps of the city’s most exciting attractions make for a memorable, one-of-a-kind experience. Highlights from the Forbes Five Star property include:
Sophisticated Chicago Summer Getaways: Experiential Overnight Packages
Whether visiting Chicago to enjoy quality family time, explore the city’s renowned museums, browse the season’s latest fashion trends, or indulge in a gastronomic getaway, travelers who stay at Trump Chicago are ensured memorable experiences with a variety of special overnight packages. Available now through September 29, summer hotel packages include:
- Rise & Dine. Perfect for a romantic getaway in Chicago, this package includes a one-night stay in deluxe accommodations and a daily breakfast credit of $60 for the Michelin-rated, Forbes Five Star Sixteen restaurant. Guests may enjoy breakfast in-room or in the elegant dining room overlooking the iconic architecture and cityscape of Chicago. Rates start at $465/night.
- Stay Like a Celebrity. A room with an enviable view. VIP access to the city’s hottest Terrace. Personalized attention and guest service that exceeds expectations. Although it may sound like a recap of your favorite celebrity’s weekend getaway, guests of Trump Chicago can enjoy these experiences and more with this package filled with exclusives. Guests booking this package will receive a one-night stay in a Deluxe King Guestroom, a highly-sought after reservation for two on The Terrace at Trump – offering sophisticated al fresco dining and libations and unparalleled views of the city—and a $50 food and beverage credit to kick-off the evening on the outdoor oasis. Rates from $470/night.
- Kids in the City. Enjoy a family summer vacation with peace of mind that every family member will relish in the experience from arrival to departure. This family vacation package includes a one-night stay in a Deluxe King Guestroom, a special Trump Kids welcome gift for each child, movies for in-room viewing with popcorn, and cookies and milk at turndown. Families will also be delighted with a selection of board games, in-room game systems including Wii, Playstation and Xbox, and that children 12 and under eat free when ordering in-room dining from the kids menu and accompanied by an adult entrée. Rates start at $470/night.
- City Breaks. From parents looking for a weekend retreat to friends enjoying a shopping-filled weekend in the city, guests booking this package will receive a one-night stay in deluxe accommodations, continental breakfast for two in the Michelin-rated, Forbes Five Star Sixteen restaurant, valet parking, and a $50 food and beverage credit. In addition, Shop Chicago discount certificates for use at major retailors on Michigan Avenue, just steps from the hotel, will fuel shopping escapades on the famed Magnificent Mile. Rates start at $499/night.
- Field Explorer. Explore the new exhibitions and current collections at The Field Museum with this overnight package that discovers the best of the city. Guests booking this package will receive a one-night stay in a Deluxe King Suite, four tickets to the museum, valet parking, and a special Trump Kids welcome gift for each child. To prepare for a day of surveying the museum’s exhibits—including Creatures of Light, Scenes of the Stone Age, and Wonders of the 1893 World’s Fair—kids will receive a Trump Explorer backpack, complete with bottled water and an apple for the adventure. After returning from an event-filled day, families may opt for a relaxing, in-room dinner, where children 12 and under eat free when ordering from the kids menu and accompanied by an adult entrée. Rates start at $850/night. The Field Explorer Package is available until September 8, 2013.
Trump Chicago’s summer packages must be booked prior to arrival. All package rates are exclusive of tax and gratuity, and based on availability. To make a room reservation or inquire about package details, please call 312-588-8000, 877-479-TRUMP or visit http://www.trumphotelcollection.com/chicago/.
The Terrace at Trump Elevates the Al Fresco Dining Season
The hotel's sophisticated outdoor dining venue, The Terrace at Trump, has become one of the city’s most sought-after summertime destinations, showcasing unobstructed, picturesque views of the Chicago River and its famed bridges, the Wrigley Clock Tower, Lake Michigan, and the summer fireworks displays from Navy Pier. Guests unwind and enjoy the vibrant scene in custom-designed lounge, booth, and table seating that can accommodate a range of party sizes.
Executive Chef Michael Fiddler and Executive Pastry Chef Patrick Fahy share a menu of sophisticated summer fare that presents a range of crowd-pleasing dishes ideal for sharing or for individual enjoyment. The menu celebrates the best of the season with creative presentations on updated classics and new selections that offer a variety of options to fit any palate. The Terrace’s cocktail program demonstrates a seamless blend of re-imagined flavors that speak to the ultimate summertime experience. The expert beverage team has developed a list of refreshing cocktails, including this year’s signature drink, the Opulence 5 – Perrier Jouët, Tito’s Vodka, St. Germain and summer fruits frozen in ice. A boutique selection of wines and craft beers from around the world offer a distinct variety of flavors to complement the dining experience.
The Terrace at Trump is open daily from 2 p.m. to 12 a.m., weather permitting. Guests may call 312-588-8600 for more information, or visit http://www.trumphotelcollection.com/chicago/.
A Progressive Perspective on Fine Dining in Chicago
Guests looking to experience Chicago’s most exciting dining destination need to look no further than the hotel’s 16th floor, where Executive Chef Thomas Lents, Executive Pastry Chef Patrick Fahy, and the Sixteen team are presenting some of the most beautiful dishes in the city. Further establishing its prominence in the Chicago culinary scene, the restaurant has received a coveted star from the 2013 Michelin Guide, and a Five-Star designation from the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide 2013.
Each season, Chef Lents presents an entirely new dinner menu to share the best product of the season as well as engage diners with a story crafted through the dining experience. Already this year, Chef Lents has delighted guests with the Winter’s Day menu that highlighted a day’s activities from sunrise to retiring fireside and a spring menu that explores ingredients from three distinct environments—The Field, The Stream, and The Pasture.
The summer menu at Sixteen affords guests an opportunity to join Chef Lents in designing their ideal meal from selections offered by farmer’s markets across the country. In choosing either to visit the entirety of the market by enjoying all of the available ingredients, or by creating a smaller menu with four or eight selections, diners will be deeply involved in crafting their individual experience from the bounty of summer produce. Their selections will then be brought into the kitchen where Chef Lents and the culinary team will develop a menu that beautifully showcases each ingredient.
For more details on Sixteen’s new menus and programming or to make a reservation, please visit http://www.trumphotelcollection.com/chicago/sixteen or call 312-588-8030.
Waterfront Activities on The Riverwalk
The Riverwalk at Trump Chicago has become a haven for locals and visitors alike who head to the stunning, skillfully manicured park to relax during their lunch break or gather with friends to watch the boats glide down the Chicago River. This summer, guests can take advantage of numerous activities that showcase the lush space, which include:
- Wendella Boat Tours. With boats embarking from the riverfront dock located steps from the hotel, guest may enjoy the many popular boat tours offered by Wendella Sightseeing Co. Inc. Whether opting for the popular Chicago Architecture Tour or a serene Chicago at Sunset excursion, The Riverwalk provides direct access to fun on the city’s waterways. Tours are available seven days a week. To view the daily schedule, or to book a tour, please visit http://www.wendellaboats.com.
- Outdoor Fitness. Back by popular demand, The Spa at Trump’s Riverwalk Bootcamp returns Tuesday, June 4th. Participants meet at 7 a.m. on Tuesdays and 7:30 a.m. on Fridays to experience a vigorous workout while enjoying the energizing outdoor setting and unique views of the Chicago River and Chicago’s most iconic architecture. The class offers a full body, functional and dynamic resistance training program utilizing equipment such as battle ropes, bands, balls and body weight to challenge muscles and ensure each participant sees noticeable results. The workout will include cardio intervals to keep the heart rate up and enable participates to burn significant calories throughout the workout. The eight-week course costs $250 for members of The Spa at Trump and $325.00 for non-members.
- Sunrise Yoga on The Terrace at Trump also makes its return this summer. Led by trainer and yoga expert Kristin Krupa, the class will take place every Wednesday at 6 a.m. beginning June 5. The breathtaking views afforded by the property’s 16th floor Terrace are sure to lend to an inspired, hour-long journey. The cost of the class for non-members is $30.
Reservations are required, as space is limited. To reserve a place, please contact Membership Director Caroline Rawlings at 312-588-8126.
About Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago
Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago, located in the heart of the city at 401 N. Wabash Avenue, welcomed its first hotel guests in January 2008. The hotel, comprising floors 14-27 of a 92-story residential tower developed by the Trump Organization, features 339 luxuriously appointed guestrooms including one-, two- and three-bedroom suites; Sixteen, the Michelin-rated restaurant featuring the progressive American cuisine of Executive Chef Thomas Lents; The Spa at Trump® with 53 specially appointed spa guest rooms; the Trump Health Club; Rebar, a chic cocktail lounge; The Terrace at Trump and more. Designed by the noted architectural firm of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill with interiors by McGinley Design, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is a stunning addition to Chicago’s distinguished skyline. The hotel and restaurant were each awarded five stars by the esteemed Forbes Travel Guide in 2013. The property has also been recognized by Travel + Leisure as one of the top 5 hotels for business travelers in the "World's Best Awards" 2012 and named one of the “World’s Best Hotels” for 2013. For room and event reservations at Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago, call 312-588-8000, 877-458-TRUMP (7867). Follow the hotel on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/TrumpChicago. Find the property on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/trumpchicago.
About TRUMP HOTEL COLLECTION™
Launched in October 2007, TRUMP HOTEL COLLECTION™ is the next generation of luxury hospitality – one that is raising the bar in the top-tier travel experience with a level of customized service unrivaled in the market today. Presided over by internationally renowned developer Donald J. Trump and his three grown children – Donald Jr., Ivanka and Eric – the prestigious portfolio includes the highly acclaimed Trump International Hotel & Tower® New York, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago, Trump International Hotel™ Las Vegas, Trump International Hotel™ Waikiki Beach Walk®, Trump SoHo® New York, Trump Ocean Club® International Hotel & Tower Panama, Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto®, and the newly acquired Trump National Doral® Miami. Trump International Hotel™ Washington, D.C., a redevelopment of the historic Old Post Office building, is also slated to open in 2016. Reservations can be made at http://www.TRUMPHOTELCOLLECTION.com or by calling (855) TRUMP-00 (878-6700). TRUMP HOTEL COLLECTION is headquartered at Trump Tower, 725 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10022. Connect with TRUMP HOTEL COLLECTION on its social media pages.