We’ve entered an uncertain world with a higher US stock market but slow economic growth. Safe assets are risky. Investors have more information but less insight about what it means for their portfolio, said John Mauldin. We’ve entered a new normal.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) June 05, 2013
Best-selling author, economist, and financial writer John Mauldin will be hosting an all-star panel of some of the top economists and analysts in a June 11th exclusive online video event entitled, "Investing in the New Normal: Finding Upside in an Upside Down World”. The webinar addresses the key issue that has been sidelining individual investors at a time when the stock market has reached all-time highs: the ability to decipher what events and data are important for investing from the “white noise” in the market.
“We’ve entered a strange and uncertain world where the US stock market takes off, even as economic growth slows down. It is a world where 'safe' assets are risky and a world where investors have more information but less insight about what it means for their portfolio,” said John Mauldin. “We’ve entered a new normal.”
The new normal means that buy and hold just isn’t a viable investment strategy anymore. Many tried and true investment strategies will saddle investors with sub-par returns, sleepless nights and delayed retirements. It does not mean investors have to settle for that, it means investors have to take a more active role in their portfolio than reviewing a company’s annual 10-K filing. They have to understand the macro issues that are driving the interconnected global economy.
Investing in the New Normal: Finding Upside in an Upside Down World
Tuesday June 11th, 2013
2 pm EST
To register go to: inn.mauldineconomics.com
The All-Star Participants include:
- Kyle Bass, Managing Member Hayman Capital Management
- Mohamed El-Erian, CEO, PIMCO
- John Mauldin, Chairman, Mauldin Economics
- Barry Ritholtz, CIO, The Ritholtz Group and Fusion Analytics
- David Rosenberg, Chief Economist & Strategist, Gluskin Sheff & Associates Inc.
- Dr. John Hussman, President, Hussman Economics
- Moderated by Ed D’Agostino, Publisher, Mauldin Economics
Panelists will discuss what they are hearing from CEOs, central bankers and the biggest investors from around the world, and where they see capital flowing and why. They will help investors understand how events around the world will impact their portfolio. And they will tell participants how they should position their portfolio in light of world and market altering events. Panelists will address:
- The Euro Crisis: What happens if a bigger country like Spain, Italy or France becomes the epicenter of a similar crisis? How will investors know when disaster is about to hit?
- Central Bankers are cranking up the printing presses: The Central Bankers are hoping that the added liquidity of over $4.7 trillion will stimulate the global economy. What is the cost and is inflation on the way? Are they creating more asset bubbles that are ready to pop?
- The impossible hunt for yield and income: Which assets and investments can deliver the yield needed without exposing investors to risk they can’t afford?
- Debt, debt, debt: Does any country, including the US, have the political will to act and what does it mean to investment portfolios?
- Washington dysfunction: Is there any hope for a long-term deal on taxes and entitlements?
As the widely read New York Times best-selling author and writer of two popular newsletters – Thoughts from the Frontline and Outside the Box, which together reach a weekly audience in excess of one million readers – John has been instrumental in helping his readers understand the big picture for the economy and investment markets. Separately, he advises institutional clients to help position their portfolios, recently adding an exclusive trading service distributed over Bloomberg.
About Mauldin Economics
Mauldin Economics was created to provide individual investors access to the effective strategies typically deployed by institutional money managers on behalf of their high-net-worth clients, but at a fraction of the cost. For over three decades, John Mauldin has been vetting and consulting with money managers to help them grow their assets under management while also providing over one million readers with his big-picture thoughts on the global economy. Mauldin Economics brings these two levels of service together to give clients actionable investment and trading strategies for investors of all levels. For more information, go to inn.mauldineconomics.com.