Forget the gym, you can stay active in LA while truly experiencing the city and its fantastic weather.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 03, 2013
Los Angeles can be a tough city to navigate, with long distances, heavy traffic and poor public transportation. Crowds on Demand CEO Adam Swart and Operations Manager Ryan Krebs has compiled a list of the top things to do in Los Angeles for those who want to stay active.
“LA’s traffic unfortunately keeps lots of folks sedentary. Many people don’t even realize all of the ways to stay active here. Whether you’re looking to get some outside time, a nice view or the opportunity to show off your strength, LA has just what you need,” said Swart.
“Forget the gym, you can stay active in LA while truly experiencing the city and its fantastic weather.”
1. Hike the Hollywood sign. Combine this iconic hike with a trip to historic Griffith Park Observatory for a fun, active and educational few hours. The sunsets are spectacular but get there early to find parking.
2. Hike Temescal Canyon. Those that can stomach the two-mile steep climb to the top are rewarded with views of Los Angeles and beyond. The Ridge Trail is a nice loop and takes about one to two hours. After the hike, take a stroll through Pacific Palisades, home to many A-list stars, and have lunch at Café Vida.
3. Walk on the Beaches of Malibu. Take a scenic 45 minute drive up the Pacific Coast Highway to beautiful Malibu. Once there, take a long walk on the beach and enjoy a delicious brunch at Geoffrey’s on the water.
4. Workout at Muscle Beach. There are no fancy weights or scented towels at Venice’s world-famous muscle beach. Just strong people looking to show-off their strength. A trip to the beach that hosted Schwarzenegger among others is all the inspiration most need to put extra effort into their workouts.
5. Run from the Paparazzi. Clients of Crowds on Demand can flee from the paparazzi and adoring fans and experience like a true A-list movie star by using Crowds on Demand’s “Celebrity Fan Experience” or “Celebrity Shopping Experience”. Run down Rodeo Drive accompanied by security guards, paparazzi and adoring fans.