Los Angeles is one of the few places where you’ll see locals at tourist attractions
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 04, 2013
Los Angeles can be a tough city to navigate, with long distances, heavy traffic and poor public transportation. Crowds on Demand CEO Adam Swart and Operations Manager Ryan Krebs have compiled a list of the top things to do in Los Angeles for those wanting to truly experience LA’s unique culture.
“Los Angeles is one of the few places where you’ll see locals at tourist attractions because it’s just a part of the Southern California lifestyle. These activities are among my favorites in LA and will offer you an excellent vacation. Whatever you do though, stay off the road between 8am-10am and between 4pm-7pm on weekdays,” said Swart.
1. Shop and Stroll along 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. Stroll along the promenade and enjoy free shows from street performers. To wrap it up, have a delicious burger at Umami Burger at Fred Segal.
2. Game at the Staples Center. Watch the legendary Lakers, Clippers or Kings play in the comfort of an arena that is a LA landmark. Spring for Club seats and get access to the San Manuel Club Restaurant where you can enjoy an excellent filet mignon with a view.
3. Visit the Getty Center. Visitors are taken from the parking lot to the museum in a tram that affords stunning views of Los Angeles. Beyond the expansive art collection, the Getty Center buildings themselves are works of architectural art. Best of all, the museum is completely free of charge. Use the money you save for a delicious lunch or dinner at the award winning restaurant.
4. Friday Jazz at LACMA. Even those who non-art lovers can marvel at the architecture of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Particularly fascinating is the Metropolis work featuring the operation of a mini-city. Come on a Friday afternoon and enjoy Jazz on the terrace while enjoying a cocktail at Ray’s, LACMA’s award-winning restaurant.
5. Live like a Celebrity. Experience Los Angeles like a true A-list movie star by using Crowds on Demand’s “Celebrity Fan Experience” or “Celebrity Shopping Experience”. Walk down Rodeo Drive accompanied by security guards, paparazzi and adoring fans. VIP experiences also include limousine transfers.