Omaha, NE (PRWEB) June 07, 2013
Proving engagement is a predictor of employee turnover, Quantum Workplace released its 21 Employee Turnover Insights report, which reveals hostile, or actively disengaged, employees are nearly four times more likely to leave than engaged employees. The study also examines key differences in perceptions between exited employees and their retained counterparts.
According to another recent report from the Center for American Progress, the estimated cost of losing an employee ranges from 16 to 213 percent of the employee’s salary. Therefore, Quantum Workplace’s findings have huge implications for leveraging engagement to improve not only retention, but also a company’s bottom line.
Highlights of the report include:
- The average annual turnover rate is 12.9 percent.
- 28 percent of employees are at risk for turnover in 2013.
- New employees are at less risk for turnover than those who have been employed for a year or more.
- Exited employees are four times more likely to not think of ways to do their jobs better.
- Of the 10 areas of engagement, retention, manager effectiveness, and job satisfaction are the areas exited and retained employees’ perceptions differ most.
- Exited employees have considerably unfavorable perceptions about recognition and their opportunities for professional growth.
The report also discusses differences in the areas of trust in senior leaders, goal alignment, feeling valued, benefits, teamwork, and trust with coworkers. In addition, it highlights survey comments from exited employees.
To view the complete report, go to http://www.quantumworkplace.com/turnoverinsights.
About Quantum Workplace
Quantum Workplace delivers smart tools for achieving and recognizing workplace awesomeness. When work is awesome, employees are engaged, clients are loyal, and business is good. Quantum Workplace serves more than 5,000 organizations annually through employee engagement surveys, action-planning tools, and leadership assessment. For more information, visit http://www.quantumworkplace.com or email info(at)quantumworkplacedot)com.