We are pleased that Doody’s Medical Reviews has selected so many of our titles for this important recognition, and we congratulate all of the winning authors for the work they have produced and the level of excellence Doody’s selection represents.
New York, NY (PRWEB) June 06, 2013
Doody’s Medical Reviews, the prestigious book review service for medical and health science libraries, has announced 41 Springer Publishing Company books as Doody’s Core Titles, with 8 of those deemed Essential Purchases. A coveted honor, fewer than 2% of professional-level health sciences titles in print are selected to appear in Doody's Core Titles.
The following Springer Publishing books were selected as Doody’s Essential Purchases:
- The Business of Nurse Management: A Toolkit for Success--by Nancy Bateman
- Encyclopedia of Nursing Research, Third Edition--edited by Joyce J. Fitzpatrick and Meredith Kazer
- Jonas and Kovner's Health Care Delivery in the United States, Tenth Edition--edited by Anthony R. Kovner, James R. Knickman, and Victoria D. Weisfeld
- Evaluation and Testing in Nursing Education, Fourth Edition--by Marilyn H. Oermann and Kathleen B. Gaberson
- Nursing Home Administration, Sixth Edition--by James E. Allen
- Clinical Teaching Strategies in Nursing, Third Edition--by Kathleen Gaberson and Marilyn Oermann
- Restorative Care Nursing for Older Adults: A Guide for All Care Settings, Second Edition--edited by Barbara Resnick, Elizabeth Galik, Marie Boltz, and Ingrid Pretzer-Aboff
- Assisted Living Administration and Management: Effective Practices and Model Programs in Elder Care--by Darlene Yee-Melichar, Andrea Renwanz Boyle, and Cristina Flores
The following 2012 and 2013 books were selected as Doody’s Core Titles:
- DNP Education, Practice, and Policy: Redesigning Advanced Practice Roles for the 21st Century--edited by Stephanie Ahmed, Linda Andrist, Sheila Davis, and Valerie Fuller
- Obstetric Triage and Emergency Care Protocols--edited by Diane J. Angelini and Donna LaFontaine
- Inpatient Psychiatric Nursing: Clinical Strategies and Practical Interventions--edited by Linda Damon, Joanne Matthew, Judy Sheehan, and Lisa Uebelacker
- A Nurse's Guide to Women's Mental Health--by Michele R. Davidson
- Evaluation of Health Care Quality in Advanced Practice Nursing--by Joanne V. Hickey and Christine A. Brosnan
- Outcome Assessment in Advanced Practice Nursing, Third Edition--edited by Ruth M. Kleinpell
- Fast Facts for Dementia Care--by Carol Miller
- Advanced Practice Nursing Ethics in Chronic Disease Self-Management--by Barbara Klug Redman
- Rural Mental Health: Issues, Policies, and Best Practices--edited by K. Bryant Smalley, Jacob Warren, and Jackson Rainer
- Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nursing: Integrating Psychotherapy, Psychopharmacology, and Complementary and Alternative Approaches--edited by Kathleen Tusaie and Joyce J. Fitzpatrick
- Quality Assisted Living: Informing Practice Through Research--by Leslie A. Morgan, Ann Christine Frankowski, Erin G. Roth, Lynn Keimig, Sheryl Zimmerman, and J. Kevin Eckert
“Doody’s Core Titles and Essential Purchases are widely regarded as key endorsements aiding in the selection of health care information resources," said Ted Nardin, CEO of Springer Publishing Company. "We are pleased that Doody’s Medical Reviews has selected so many of our titles for this important recognition, and we congratulate all of the winning authors for the work they have produced and for the level of excellence Doody’s selection represents.”
For more information, visit Springer Publishing’s Doody’s Reviews page, or contact Dara Salem at dsalem “at” springerpub “dot” com or 212-804-6236.
About Springer Publishing Company
A pioneer in health care and social science publishing, Springer Publishing Company is known as an innovative nursing, public health, psychology, rehabilitation, social work, counseling, and gerontology publisher. The company has won numerous awards, including the American Library Association (ALA) Choice Awards, the Association of American Publishers (AAP) PROSE Awards, and the American Journal of Nursing (AJN) Book of the Year Awards, and publishes more than 100 top quality titles annually, all available as eBooks, in addition to 21 journals. From nursing to psychology, Springer Publishing Company is passionate about providing the best professional books, textbooks, guides, and reference works to professionals, instructors, and students. For more information, visit http://www.springerpub.com.