The leading military communications event for satellite professionals
London (PRWEB UK) 10 June 2013
The Global MilSatCom conference and exhibition returns for the 15th year to bring together the industry’s key senior military representatives and leading SatCom solution providers and operators to discuss the latest developments taking place within the SatCom community.
The newly released programme has been designed with the help of an industry focused advisory board including the UK MOD and includes keynote presentations from UK, Canada, France and Brazil.
Harold Haney from the US Space and Missile Defence C4 Division who is scheduled to present on MilSatCom management, commented:
“I am delighted to participate in this very important event. The opportunity to share my organization's satellite communication responsibilities and to discuss the future outlook with professionals from around the world is important and will be gratifying for me.”
New military and government speakers will include:
- Air Vice Marshall Philip Osborne, Director of Capability, Joint Forces Command, UK
- Brigadier General Pitre R. R., Director General Space, Canadian Forces Louis Tillier, Head of SatCom, Ministry of Defence, France Lieutenant
- Colonel Hans Stefan Suhle, Head, SatCom Space Management Section, Bundeswehr Communication and Information Systems Services Centre (CISSC)
- Major Laura Smith, C4ISR Capability Branch, Ministry of Defence, UK
- Lieutenant Colonel Jim Dryburgh, JSO1 CIS J6, New Zealand Defence Force
- Lieutenant Colonel Jose Everardo Ferreira, Electronic Engineer, IEEE Member and OSA Member, Brazilian Air Force
- Sergiy Martyniuk, Chief of Section, Ministry of Defence, Ukraine
- Captain Michael Rothwell, Commander Defence Strategic Communications, Royal Australian Navy Department of Defence, Australia
- Catherine Mealing-Jones CPFA, Director Growth, Applications & EU Programmes, UK Space Agency
The Global MilSatCom conference and exhibition typically attracts over 500 attendees which include over 100 senior military representatives from across the world. Due to the event selling out each year, SMi have moved to a larger venue to accommodate growing demand from exhibitors and attendees.
Gerard Donelan, the Governments and Institutions Vice President from SES, who will be lead sponsor and who is also chairing the event, stated:
“SES is happy to be Lead Sponsor at this foremost military satellite communication conference and exhibition....this conference is an ideal platform to hear about these ideas in a knowledge sharing environment involving decision makers, government representatives, military and other leading industry professionals.”
Other sponsors include Astrium, Inmarsat, Cobham, Thales, Rockwell Collins, Northrop Grumman, Hughes, iDirect, Intelsat, Lockheed Martin, Harris Caprock, O3b Networks, Viasat, plus many more.
For further information on the conference and to download the newly released agenda, visit http://www.globalmilsatcom.com.