Having the right business analytics solution in place is as vital to the overall health of today’s enterprise organization as having air and water are to human beings. Simply put, you just can’t live without it.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) June 11, 2013
If CIOs and CFOs wholeheartedly agree on just one thing, it’s the value of in-depth data analyses delivered at the speed of thought. Being able to reduce the analysis of billions of data records – a process that previously took hours to complete – to just seconds, or in some cases to a mere fraction of a second, is the promise of “big data” and the future of IT. Responding to interest from CIOs, Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (http://www.us.logicalis.com), has made an eBook, “The Need for Speed,” available for instant download to help IT pros explore their companies’ race for real-time business analytics. Additionally, together with key business partners like SAP, IBM, HP and Cisco, Logicalis recently announced an SAP HANA initiative and, today, has outlined four of the top reasons to consider SAP HANA as a potential “game changing” solution for turning data into decisions.
SAP HANA is an in-memory database technology that leverages the low cost of computer server memory (RAM), the data processing abilities of multi-core processors, and the fast data access of solid-state drives to deliver better performance of analytical and transactional applications.
“Having the right business analytics solution in place is as vital to the overall health of today’s enterprise organization as having air and water are to human beings. Simply put, you just can’t live without it,” says Malek el Khazen, Senior Certified Solution Architect at Logicalis US. “This is a complex decision, and it’s one that each organization must make based on a thorough assessment of its own unique business requirements. The key is to stop simply collecting data and begin actually connecting with that data in meaningful ways that will enhance the company’s most critical decision-making processes.”
To help IT pros interested in learning more about SAP’s HANA appliances running on IBM, HP or Cisco platforms, Logicalis has put together a list of the top four reasons to consider SAP HANA, and has created a workshop to help CIOs determine if SAP HANA is right for them.
Four Reasons To Consider SAP HANA
1. Speed of Thought: When reports or analytic applications run too slowly to provide optimal business benefits making a performance improvement – small or large – material to a business’ future success, SAP HANA’s in-memory database technology can give executives access to in-depth, meaningful, real-time data in the blink of an eye.
2. More Up than Down: The data processing abilities of multi-core processors, and the fast data access of solid-state drives deliver better performance of analytical and transactional applications, which means companies won’t experience unacceptable downtimes while a data warehouse is loading data.
3. Racing to Real-Time: By consolidating two database landscapes (OLAP and OLTP) into a single database, SAP HANA provides organizations with significantly lower total cost of ownership (TCO) at real-time speeds that allow decision-makers to see current, up-to-the-moment data and make critical business decisions on the fly.
4. Exceeding Expectations: SAP HANA uses a “hybrid structure” that enables it to process both transactional and analytical workloads fully in-memory; that means, as transactions are happening, organizations are able to report against them live. So, when there’s a need to create new reports or use analytical applications, IT won’t have to struggle to maintain the company’s business warehouse (BW) and keep it performing under changing user demands because there’s no need to spend time loading data from transactional databases into a reporting database, or even building traditional tuning structures to enable that reporting.
Want to learn more?
- Visit Logicalis’ SAP HANA microsite.
- Download a Logicalis+SAP HANA eBook, “SAP HANA: The Need for Speed.”
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration; data center and cloud services; and managed services.
Logicalis employs nearly 3,500 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex ICT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, CA Technologies, Microsoft, NetApp, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.4 billion from operations in Europe, North America, South America and Asia Pacific and is fast establishing itself as one of the leading IT and Communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of over $5 billion.
For more information, visit http://www.us.logicalis.com.