Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 12, 2013
Many sophisticated provider organizations are now participating in accountable care organization (ACO)-type programs, especially in Medicare. But the way the Medicare ACO initiatives are structured essentially guarantees that provider-group participation in them will have a short life span. ACO participants therefore need exit strategies for the long run, and one of the most logical options may well be an active ongoing role in Medicare Advantage (MA). William MacBain, Gorman Health Group’s (GHG) Senior Vice President of Finance, will review what long-term opportunities in MA exist for risk-bearing providers — considering their experiences and skill sets — and what impact an expanding MA role for ACOs is likely to have on traditional MA plan sponsors in “How Medicare ACOs and Other Risk-Bearing Provider Organizations Can Transition to Medicare Advantage,” an upcoming complimentary June 25 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), and GHG.
Mr. MacBain will offer a long-term strategy for savvy risk-comfortable provider organizations to participate profitably in MA in the free June 25 webinar. These and other profitability issues will be discussed:
- Why the Affordable Care Act condemns Medicare ACOs to a short life span;
- The reasons why participation in MA is well-suited to the goals and skills of Medicare ACO participants;
- Steps that ACO participants can and should take now to enter the MA market in 2015 and beyond;
- The key differences between the Medicare ACO and Medicare Advantage markets, including benefit design, quality rewards and penalties, and access to data;
- Strategies for pricing the services plans are at risk for;
- The pros and cons for provider organizations of starting their own MA plan or partnering with others in MA;
- Why the future of MA is very bright despite the payment-rate changes mandated by the ACA;
- How the increasing involvement in MA by risk-bearing provider organizations will affect the overall MA market in the future.
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3ag27g_062513 for more details and registration information.
AIS has partnered with GHG on an exclusive series of webinars designed to deliver timely and meaningful information the government health care industry needs to implement health reform. From expert analysis on the latest regulatory updates to war stories and best practices, these webinars will provide the tools and guidance necessary to transform regulatory policy into operational reality.
About Atlantic Information Services
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.
About Gorman Health Group
Gorman Health Group (GHG) is a national health care professional services and software company staffed by subject-matter experts, former health plan executives and seasoned regulators. For more than 16 years, hundreds of clients serving millions of beneficiaries have leveraged the strategic counsel and technology solutions of GHG to maintain compliant operations, improve market position and advance growth objectives. Learn more at http://www.gormanhealthgroup.com.