According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, ten people die each day from unintentional drowning.
Severna Park, MD (PRWEB) June 12, 2013
Maryland insurance agency, the Bye Insurance Agency, is ready for hot summer days! Of course, Maryland residents are equally as excited—especially those with the luxury of having a pool on their property. While pool time may seem like all fun and games, it can also be a cause for concern. Without the proper safety precautions, an accident can happen much sooner than later.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, “ten people die each day from unintentional drowning.” In fact, drowning ranks fifth among the leading causes of unintentional injury death in the US. To avoid fatality or liability disaster by the pool this season, pool owners should take the following safety measures:
- Always keep an eye on children in the pool, NEVER leave them unattended
- Teach children basic water safety tips before allowing them to swim
- Learn CPR and basic life saving tricks
- Prohibit jumping and diving in shallow waters
- Prohibit running around pool area to avoid slips and falls
- Keep pool area clean and tidy to avoid tripping
- Keep a portable phone by the pool at all times, in the event of an emergency
- Keep floatation devices close by
- Have a fence with a locking gate installed around the pool area to keep unwelcome guests off of the property
Bye Insurance Agency hopes that all Maryland residents take the above precautions this summer. The last thing that any homeowner needs during the lazy summer days is a liability suit. No one wants a lawsuit and financial disaster to put out his or her sunshine!
In the event that a homeowner does face an accident by the pool, the agency vows to be “bye your side” throughout the claims process. Residents who are interested in hearing more about the agency’s home insurance options should call the agency directly at 888-489-3308 or visit its website. Purchasing additional liability coverage or possibly an umbrella insurance policy may be the best way to remain financially secure. It is better to be safe than sorry!
Happy and safe swimming!
About Bye Insurance Agency:
The mission at the Bye Insurance Agency is to bring VALUE to their clients. Their purpose is to protect the lifestyle their customers have worked so hard to achieve. As a local Severna Park, MD agency, they provide full-service risk management solutions to individuals, families, and businesses across the state of Maryland. In addition to Marylanders, they can also cater to the insurance needs of people and organizations throughout Pennsylvania, Virginia, Delaware and Washington D.C. – always keeping their best interest a top priority.