Boston, MA (PRWEB) June 26, 2013
Accelare, a leader in providing management solutions to help clients better align and execute strategy through Business Architecture disciplines, today announced the general availability of WhatFirstTM 2013, the next generation of Strategy-to-Execution software on the Microsoft SharePoint 2013 platform.
Designed as a planning tool to unpack strategy into executable packages of integrated work, WhatFirstTM provides organizations with an explicit approach for turning strategy into a set of properly designed sequenced and adequately resourced actions to deliver predictable and measureable results. "With WhatFirstTM, organizations reduce the risk of project failure, the impact of destructive and unorganized multi-tasking and increase the velocity of strategy execution while running the current business," said Jack Calhoun, CEO at Accelare.
WhatFirstTM comes with five integrated modules to manage the Strategy-to-Execution and Business Architecture disciplines of the firm.
- The Strategy Module helps firms to define their strategic differentiation from different constituent points-of-view and document and cascade strategies, goals, and objectives across the organization.
- The Capability Module helps firms identify and prioritize critical capability gaps to achieve strategic intent.
- The Resource Model helps companies link and manage people, technology, information and other resources required to execute on the strategic agenda.
- The Planning Module supports the development of an investment roadmap for the business directly linked to the strategies, capabilities, and resources of the firm and its suppliers.
- The Execution Module is used to create metrics and scorecards to manage strategy execution on a day-to-day basis.
As a SharePoint 2013 application offering available in either SaaS or on-premise form, WhatFirstTM extends SharePoint’s native functionality as a collaborative platform to more broadly engage managers and employees in the strategic thinking and execution planning efforts of the firm. Users can appropriately create, review, contribute to, and collaborate on the development of strategy or plans for execution. SharePoint lists and documents can be easily linked to any component of the WhatFirstTM application. Further, WhatFirst interfaces seamlessly with Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to easily manage and communicate content. "Microsoft SharePoint is a particularly compelling platform for three primary reasons: a large installed base, a strong set of marketing resources to support efforts, and the right built-in functionality on top of a proven and scalable platform. We intent to leverage the Microsoft platform including messaging components to transform the way that companies develop, communicate, and execute strategy," said Mark McCormick, President at Accelare.
Also available with the new release are two new packaged service offerings designed to help organizations more quickly understand, evaluate, and use the Accelare methods and WhatFirstTM tool to meet their needs:
- The Strategy-to-Execution Quick Plan Assessment which evaluates the alignment between the current strategy and portfolio of projects to answer the question, “Are we spending our money and limited human capital on the right things for our business?”
- The Business Architecture Quick Start - a combination of education, web-based training, and onsite support to help organizations test the value of the Business Architecture discipline in their business.
Click here to learn more about WhatFirstTM and how Accelare can help your organization.