Active Directory Management from Apptix is the most advanced ID and access management solution available.
Herndon, VA (PRWEB) June 12, 2013
Apptix® (OSE: APP), the premier provider of hosted business communication, collaboration, and IT solutions, today announced the addition of Active Directory Management to its comprehensive solutions portfolio. AD Management from Apptix (ADM) allows more efficient and effective management of users and the environment through flexible reporting and management tools.
Available to Apptix customers and channel partners, the Apptix solution securely synchronizes information such as user passwords and security policies between local and hosted servers in real-time, allowing administrators to centrally manage access and services within Microsoft’s® Active Directory. This simplifies identity and access management while also maintaining security policies and reducing the potential for serious security breaches from internal users.
“Active Directory Management from Apptix is the most advanced ID and access management solution available,” said David Ehrhardt, President & CEO of Apptix. “It lowers costs by allowing administrators to manage services and access from a central point while securely allowing employees access to corporate information and advanced cloud-based applications, which increases productivity.”
Identity and Access Management
An automated system for Identity and Access Management (IAM) reduces the time employees spend waiting for access to the systems that they need. Active Directory Management from Apptix is the premiere example of an IAM solution, because of its unique Cloud-based implementation. Unlike other IAM products, ADM from Apptix does not require the purchase of additional servers or other hardware. Active Directory Management is an enterprise-class solution that can prevent data breaches by restricting access and enforcing security policies.
Key benefits of Active Directory Management include:
- Full Identity Management: User ID and passwords are centrally managed so that one interface ensures that users have access to the right information across multiple systems and applications.
- Easy-to-Use Management Interface: Centralized management has familiar appearance and straight-forward screens and prompts.
- Unified Password: User passwords can be synchronized from AD to the applications, so users can access the applications with the same password they use to log in to Windows. Password policies can be enforced without the burden of supporting users who have trouble remembering several passwords for several programs. Sensitive password data is protected even from administrators.
- Application Level Integration: Automatic login and synchronization goes further than operating system and server logins, down to and including application level secure logins. This resolves end-to-end password administration issues.
- Monitoring and Audit: Full AD transaction auditing and reporting available.
Apptix ranks among the world’s top cloud service providers with over a decade of experience providing cloud-based services. ADM is the newest addition to a comprehensive, best-in-breed portfolio of hosted business solutions. Businesses can reduce costs, remove IT constraints, and enhance productivity by taking advantage of Apptix’s full portfolio of hosted solutions.
More information about Active Directory Management from Apptix is available at http://www.apptix.com/services-tools/active-directory-management.aspx.
Apptix (OSE: APP) is the premier provider of hosted business communication, collaboration, and IT solutions to business of all sizes – from SOHO to Fortune 500 – and blue chip channel partners including Insight Enterprises, Inc., MegaPath Corp., Cincinnati Bell, Inc., Web.com, and Sprint Nextel Corporation. A pioneer in the hosted services space, Apptix currently serves nearly 400,000 users around the world. Apptix’s comprehensive portfolio of Cloud solutions includes Microsoft Exchange email, VoIP, Microsoft SharePoint, Web Conferencing, and Secure IM with Presence. Services are delivered over a highly reliable network leveraging best-in-class technology, housed in SSAE 16-compliant datacenters, and backed by U.S.-based 24/7 support. For more information, visit http://www.apptix.com.