This year we introduced webinars to our epilepsy and seizure awareness campaign to reach a much wider audience throughout the USA.
Hackensack, NJ (PRWEB) June 17, 2013
What You Need to Know if Epilepsy has Touched Your Life Campaign introduces webinars to increase the reach and impact the NEREG epilepsy education program has throughout the USA. The program is meant for patients, parents, relatives, and health professionals alike and is free of charge. Local Epilepsy Foundation affiliates will also be on hand to discuss resources at each webinar. Dr. Marcelo Lancman, Director of Northeast Regional Epilepsy Group and Board Certified Epileptologist, commented: “This year we followed up on our ambitious 2012 educational program (Epilepsy: Knowledge is Power) by introducing webinars to our epilepsy and seizure awareness campaign. In this manner we can reach a much wider audience throughout the USA and abroad.” Registration is available on-line (http://epilepsygroup.com/events-news-epilepsy-new-york-new-jersey-connecticut) and the program is open to anyone interested in learning more about epilepsy. All you need is an email address and a computer on which to watch the webinar.
Upcoming webinar topics on epilepsy and seizures include:
- Surviving and thriving in school with epilepsy as explained by pediatric neuropsychologist, Dr. Robert Trobliger - July 2, 2013
- Treating epilepsy with surgery as explained by epileptologist, Dr. Matthew Evans - August 6, 2013
- Treating epilepsy with diets as explained by registered dietician, Dana Casendino - September 3, 2013
- Psychogenic non-epileptic seizures: An Introduction for patients and loved ones by clinical psychologist/neuropsychologist, Dr. Lorna Myers - September 16, 2013
- What you need to know if you have epilepsy and a brain tumor as explained by epileptologist, Dr. Jeffrey Politsky - October 1, 2013
- Epilepsy in older adults as explained by epilpetologist, Dr. Neelima Thakur - November 5, 2013
- Memory Problems in epilepsy as explained by neuropsychologist, Dr. Keren Lebeau - December 10, 2013
Additional education efforts will take place in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut through half-day and full day in-person conferences on adult and childhood epilepsy.
With almost 3 million people in the U.S. having some form of epilepsy, and one in ten adults likely to experience a seizure during their life, it is necessary that the general public is well informed about epilepsy facts and first aid.
For an interview or more information, please contact: Melissa Fleming at mfleming25(at)gmail(dot)com or 212-661-7460, ext. 123.
- Launched in 1998, NEREG is a multi-site practice in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut that offers unique services and comprehensive care to children and adults with epilepsy. NEREG provides state-of-the-art diagnostic procedures, 24/7 patient service, highly skilled and experienced practitioners, and exceptional specialty programs designed to cover a broad range of health care needs in each epilepsy patient. NEREG consists of fourteen board-certified epilepsy specialists with fellowship training in adult and childhood epilepsy, as well as many other highly skilled health care providers including pediatric/adult neurosurgeons, neuropsychologists, epilepsy nurse practitioners, a specially trained nutritionist and epilepsy advocates.