IT departments are moving away from being just cost centers. At Structure, we’ll bring a new wave of leaders to the stage who are building architectures that make IT a driver of business.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) June 12, 2013
Structure, GigaOM’s flagship event on cloud computing and internet infrastructure, will kick off next week. More than 80 of the most influential voices in cloud computing will take the stage to discuss their innovations, implementations and use cases for infrastructure. Being held June 19-20 in San Francisco, Structure will emphasize software-defined and application-aware networks and how they are shaping the cloud of the future.
Looking at the physicality of the cloud, Structure speakers will debate issues such as how to build special-purpose architectures for applications that meet both scale and business needs. Speakers include:
- Werner Vogels, Amazon
- Kevin Scott, LinkedIn
- Pat Gelsinger, VMware
- Jeff Dean, Google
- Jay Parikh, Facebook
- Aneel Bhusri, Workday
- Ralph Loura, The Clorox Company
- David Giambruno, Revlon
- Dean Nelson, eBay
- Cynthia Stoddard, NetApp
- Bob Muglia, Juniper Networks
- Jonathan Murray, Warner Music Group
- Adrian Cockcroft, Netflix
- Jason Hoffman, Joyent
- Ratnakar Lavu, Kohl’s
- Paula Long, DataGravity
- Ben Haines, Pabst Brewing Company
- Joe Weinman, Telx
See the full speaker and session lineup here.
“IT departments are moving away from being just cost centers,” said Stacey Higginbotham, senior writer for GigaOM and chair of Structure 2013. “At Structure, we’ll bring a new wave of leaders to the stage who are building architectures that make IT a driver of business.”
All Structure attendees will receive a complimentary GigaOM Research report on software-defined data centers (SDDC). The report will examine how SDDC are expected to disrupt the enterprise data center market and the factors driving that disruption. Other highlights include:
- 40 sessions and 16 workshops on topics such as next-generation trends in software-defined networks and storage, distributed data centers, and implementation strategies to match real-time business needs
- Inside look at annual cloud buyers survey conducted by GigaOM Research and Northbridge Partners.
- LaunchPad competition recognizing the most-promising startups in cloud computing, internet infrastructure and data.
- Introduction of Cloud Trailblazers – 10 up and comers who are rethinking infrastructure for the next generation of computing.
- Presentations by winners of the Facebook/Open Compute Project Hardware Hackathon.
- Mapping session, led by GigaOM Research, that explores various reasons to adopt a multi-cloud strategy, and implications for customers, providers of cloud solutions and providers of cloud management tools and other middleware components.
- More than 65 sponsors and exhibitors, including 20 startups.
A limited number of tickets are still available. Follow @GigaOM on Twitter (#structureconf) to stay up to date as new speakers and sessions are announced.
Some of the most influential companies in cloud computing have already lined up to sponsor Structure, including headline sponsor Intel. Sponsorships are expected to sell out. Contact Mike Sly at eventsales(at)gigaom(dot)com or (415) 235-0358 to join primetime sponsors AMD, Aspera, Basho, BTI, Citrix, DataDirect Networks, Dell, HGST, HP Cloud Services, IBM, Juniper Networks, Kontron, New Relic, Nuage Networks, OpenStack, Plex Systems, SAP, Savvis, ServiceMesh, SnapLogic, SOA Software, SoftLayer, Verizon Terremark, Virtustream, Windows Azure, and WSO2.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM is the leading global source of analysis on emerging technologies. Our news, research and events provide deep insight on the companies, people and trends disrupting technology and media.
About GigaOM Events
GigaOM events bring the people and companies driving disruptive technologies to the stage. Through a combination of strong editorial content and face time with technology innovators, GigaOM events give attendees the tools they need to capitalize on emerging trends.