For a company founded to help leaders from the military transition to civilian careers, this award truly reflects our continued dedication to our heritage.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) June 13, 2013
Lucas Group, North America’s premier executive search firm, has been selected to receive the prestigious Seven Seals Award from the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR). ESGR, an office in the Department of Defense, bestows the award upon companies that strongly support their employees who are actively engaged in reserve military service.
Lucas Group will be one of five companies in Georgia to receive the award on June 14 at 6:30 p.m. at the Renaissance Waverly Hotel (Cobb Galleria). More than 200 Georgia companies were nominated.
“For a company founded to help leaders from the military transition to civilian careers, this award truly reflects our continued dedication to our heritage,” said Bryan Zawikowski, General Manager of Lucas Group’s Military Transition Practice Group. “During the course of our 43 years, Lucas Group has expanded beyond military placement to provide executive recruiting services to a wide variety of industries and functionalities. Despite this growth, assisting the men and women of the U.S. military remains a core focus of our firm. This award is deeply meaningful to everyone at Lucas Group.”
Lucas Group has more than 70 employees who served in the military, roughly 17 percent of their workforce. Currently, seven Lucas Group Associates are involved in reserve military service, including:
- Todd Bloker, a Senior Chief Navy Diver with over 11 years of active duty. A Senior Executive Search Consultant with the Military Transition Practice Group in Dallas; Bloker continues to serve in the U.S. Navy Reserve.
- Lee Cohen, a retired Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve and an Executive Senior Partner with the Military Transition Practice Group in Irvine; Cohen spent 17 years in the Reserve and has been with Lucas Group for 25 years.
- Eric Duggan, a Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps who served in Europe and Asia and a Senior Partner in the Military Transition Practice Group in Dallas; Duggan continues to serve in the Reserve.
- Chris Kehl, a Major in the Army National Guard who worked to assist Georgia citizens during recent ice storms and an Executive Senior Partner in the Military Transition Practice Group in Atlanta; Kehl has over 15 years of military service, serving in a reserve capacity for six years while at Lucas Group.
- Michael Mercier, a Major in the U.S. Air Force Reserve and an Executive Senior Partner in the Military Transition Practice Group in Irvine, CA; Mercier continues to serve in the Reserve and is a 22-year veteran at Lucas Group.
- Jim Palombo, a Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve who served in Kuwait and Korea as a reservist, and for seven years of active duty. An Executive Senior Partner in the Military Transition Practice Group in San Diego; Palombo still serves in the Reserve and has been with Lucas Group for 12 years.
- Blaine Wagner, a Naval Flight Officer and Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve and an Executive Search Consultant in the Military Transition Practice Group in Dallas. Wagner still serves in the Reserve.
“As a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, I hold our reservists in the highest regard,” said Zawikowski. “Throughout my many years as a team leader and General Manager at Lucas Group, it has been my pleasure to support Lucas Group Associates in their reservist duties. I am personally grateful for and professionally respectful of the contributions reservists make – to their communities, to their companies and to our country. This award is truly about them.”
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 Clients find transcendent, executive talent; Candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and Associates find professional success. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at http://www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.