According to a consumer study conducted by the Washington National Institute for Wellness Solutions during April 2013, most middle-income Americans are NOT financially prepared to face a serious illness.
Watertown, Wisconsin (PRWEB) June 13, 2013
Wisconsin insurance agency, Insurance Service Center, encourages the community to financially plan for the unexpected—especially when it comes to health. A recent study proves to be startling.
According to a consumer study conducted by the Washington National Institute for Wellness Solutions during April 2013, most middle-income Americans are NOT financially prepared to face a serious illness. This report was based on a survey of 1,001 United States citizens, between the ages of 30 to 66. The annual household income of the participants was reportedly from $35,000 to $99,999.
The study reports the following information:
- 90% of middle-income Americans believe they are not financially prepared for a critical illness diagnosis. Only 10% feel confident when it comes to financial support.
- Middle income Americans have little savings to fall back on: 75% have less than $20,000; 50% have less than $2,000; and 25% currently have no savings at all.
- 23% of Americans state that they have no idea what they would do if faced with a critical illness (such as cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease, etc.)
- Six out of 10 people have NOT had a conversation with loved ones and/or advisors about financial preparations for possible critical health conditions.
- 75% of Americans are not aware of critical illness insurance, and only 5% have purchased it.
The findings of this report are alarming. With the release of this report, Insurance Service Center is taking it upon itself to reach out to the Wisconsin community about the importance of adequate health coverage. The agency has been serving the state of Wisconsin for over 60 years, offering both health insurance and Medicare supplements. The agency encourages all residents to take a moment to sit down and have this type of discussion with loved ones. Having this tough conversation now will make for a less tough and stressful time later.
To learn more about the health insurance services that Insurance Service Center offers, call 888-535-7216 or visit its Virtual Insurance Office, here.
About Insurance Service Center:
Established in 1950, Insurance Service Center has continually provided comprehensive and affordable insurance services throughout the years. Over time, the agency has grown into a full service insurance agency, with locations in 11 different areas of Wisconsin and representation of a wide variety of insurance companies. These companies have been carefully selected, ensuring that each client is matched with top-notch coverage for a comfortable price. Its agents are dedicated to working by your side, at all times. With Insurance Service Center, you get service, savings, and solutions!