(PRWEB UK) 13 June 2013
13th June 2013: short break specialists Center Parcs revealed yesterday the designs for the new Subtropical Swimming Paradise, which will be housed in the new Woburn Forest village when it opens in spring 2014.
The Subtropical Swimming Paradise is an iconic part of the Center Parcs villages, where families can enjoy a variety of pools and water experiences. They are one of the most popular elements of a Center Parcs break with over 90% of guests visiting the Subtropical Swimming Paradise during their stay.
Woburn Forest will have the largest Subtropical Swimming Paradise in the UK with lots of exciting new features. The new shape has been revealed as a clam rather than the classic dome, pyramid or butterfly shapes at other UK Center Parcs. The clam will be nestled within the forest landscape with stunning views through the enormous glazed fascia.
The designs showcase the tropical environment and family-friendly experience that the Subtropical Swimming Paradise will offer. Guests will be able to ride the Wild Water Rapids, in the open air outside the front of the clam-shaped structure, with views of the forest landscape around them. There will also be a wave pool, toddler pool, family play area, Lazy River and three exciting new water rides; Tornado, Twister and Typhoon, which will be unique to Woburn Forest.
As with all the Center Parcs villages, the environment inside the Subtropical Swimming Paradise will be heated to 29.5°C all year round with a wide variety of tropical plants rescued from around the world creating a truly tropical sensation for guests.
Charles Neuman, Woburn Forest Pool Designer, WTI says: “The designs of the new Subtropical Swimming Paradise are the result of a culmination of 25 years of experience and lots of research into what modern families want. We have taken the best from the existing four villages and added new exciting elements to give guests at Woburn Forest a unique and special water experience.”
The build of the Subtropical Swimming Paradise is on track, with all the Glulam wooden beams that support the roof in place and basement works almost complete. The construction of the roof will begin in July with a completion date for the entire structure of January 2014 ready for the delicate process of bringing in the tropical plants.
For more information on Woburn Forest please contact the Center Parcs press office team:
Lauren Sciberras – lauren.sciberras(at)redconsultancy(dot)com / 0207 025 6572
Laura Askew – laura.askew(at)redconsultancy(dot)com / 0207 025 6539
Chloe Buchanan – chloe.buchanan(at)redconsultancy(dot)com / 0207 7025 6413
Notes to Editors:
Center Parcs Woburn Forest
Center Parcs is the UK's leading short breaks operator and every year over 1.6 million guests stay at the existing four villages each set in 400 acres of woodland. In spring 2014 Center Parcs Woburn Forest will open, which will mean there will be a Center Parcs within easy reach of a majority of all UK families. This is an opportunity to bring something new to the Center Parcs family with a number of exciting new concepts which will be announced over the next few months. When Center Parcs Woburn Forest opens in spring 2014, it will bring an investment of approximately £20 million to the area of Bedfordshire each year through employment and use of local services.
For more information, visit: http://www.centerparcs.co.uk/woburnforest
1. There are currently four locations across the UK; Sherwood Forest (Nottinghamshire), Elveden Forest (Suffolk), Longleat Forest (Wiltshire) and Whinfell Forest (Cumbria)
2. A new location (Woburn Forest) is due to open in spring 2014. Construction of Woburn Forest is well underway with only 10% of the trees in the original woodland being removed. Woburn Forest had very poor biodiversity prior to Center Parcs' arrival, now, with a landscape asset manager and ground services manager, the forest is being protected and a long-term plan to improve the biodiversity of the forest is being put in place.
3. Center Parcs celebrated its 25th year in summer 2012
4. Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Tommy Award for Best UK Holiday Provider, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People.
5. Center Parcs has an average annual occupancy rate of 97%.
6. Center Parcs offers short breaks all year round and welcomes over 1.6 million guests each year, 96% of guests expressing an intention to return.