Johnson City, TN (PRWEB) June 17, 2013
From the Holy Land to New York City’s 2013 Summer Fancy Food Show, comes the tastes and delectable aromas of authentic Palestinian cuisine. Deriving from a rich cultural and historic heritage passed from generation to generation throughout the centuries, the Palestinian delicacies on offer meet the exacting standards of today’s foodies who seek the authentic flavors of the Middle East.
Palestinian companies are exhibiting at the Summer Fancy Food Show in New York, with the assistance of the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Compete Project, in cooperation with the Palestinian American Chamber of Commerce, and will feature a tantalizing array of food products familiar to many, and an exciting introduction to others.
“We are so proud of these companies, and excited about the opportunity to bring our cultural heritage to America through a common love of food,” says Palestinian American Chamber of Commerce General Manager Montasser Abdellatif.
“The US government works with Palestinian agribusinesses from field-to-fork helping them to increase production while always ensuring that their wonderful products meet the highest standards. We’re pleased that international markets are waking up to the exquisite tastes of authentic Palestinian products,” says Ghassan Al – Jamal, Project Specialist, USAID/ West Bank and Gaza.
- Jericho Dates from Nakheel Palestine. This producer of the Medjoul variety, also known as the ‘King of Dates,’ shows why this sweet and succulent Middle Eastern date has quickly become popular worldwide with lovers of fine tasting and healthy food.
- West Bank Salt Works operates the only natural table salt extraction facility from the mineral-rich and unique Dead Sea location, and markets this highly prized product around the world.
- Canaan Fair Trade is a social entrepreneurship firm dedicated to artisan quality products from a network of 49 cooperatives based in Jenin. Canaan products are certified fair trade, USDA organic, and are found at specialty and organic shops across the US and Europe. In addition to olives and extra-virgin olive oils, other products include unique Palestinian varieties of sun-dried tomatoes, honey, and hand-rolled couscous.
- Al Hathnawi General Trade Company brings its array of the finest za'atar (thyme), freekeh (green wheat), sumac, maftoul (Palestinian couscous), olives, natural honey, and dried herbs from the mountains of Palestine. Founded in 1952 by Mahmoud Saleh Hathnawi in the central market of Jenin, Al-Hathnawi Trading Company has grown from a small, local shop to one of the country’s foremost agricultural enterprises.
- Al Naser Factory and Mills Company produces a wide variety of traditional Palestinian grains and spices to global consumers. Couscous, black beans, sumac and freekeh are joined by colorful and fragrant herbs and spices that create the culinary palette of the region. The company already exports its products to Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Kuwait, Egypt, and Syria.
- Emirates Delight Company is sure to be a hit with its select varieties of Palestinian dates and traditional cultural favorites like dates syrup, date jam, dates paste, dates with chocolate, dates with nuts, and sweets dates.
See, smell, and most importantly taste these fine Palestinian products at booth #102 of the 2013 Summer Fancy Food Show in the International Pavilion, third floor.
For more information, visit http://www.HammanMarketing.com/2013-RSVP or contact Al Hamman at +1 (423) 467-9864.