(PRWEB) June 17, 2013
Fast Park, a leading offsite airport parking company with a facility at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, is growing its presence in Austin.
Located less than two miles from the airport, Fast Park has made significant upgrades to the facility including:
- Expanding from 3,124 spaces to now more than 4,800
- Installing four dual-unit FastChargeTM electric vehicle charging stations (a complimentary service for electric vehicle owners)
- Developing a zoned parking system to group guests by return day for faster service (see attached image of zoned areas)
- Adding a third express exit lane for faster service
- Installing carports throughout to reduce the heat island effect
- Installing more than 300 solar panels which will generate up to 79.38kW of power, or enough to power 11 average homes (installation tentatively complete in August of 2013)
- Resurfacing the entire lot and installing new energy-efficient lighting
“Our Austin location is one of our fastest growing facilities,” said Melanie Chavez, Executive Vice President of Construction and Branding at Fast Park. “As we continued to grow, a major expansion to the facility was needed to keep up with demand. We added a significant number of spaces and our zoned guest parking system will now group guests by the day of the week they return. This allows us to provide a more efficient and faster way to get our guests to their car and on their way home. In addition, we made several energy-efficient upgrades to the facility to support our overall corporate green initiatives.”
About Fast Park
Fast Park is a leading offsite airport parking company headquartered in Cincinnati. With 16 facilities in 12 markets throughout the country, its brands include FastPark & Relax, FastPark2, Airport Fast Park, and Park Place. Fast Park offers the highest-quality customer service at its facilities 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Its convenient shuttle service transports travelers directly from their parking spot to their terminal. Facilities are located in the following cities: Albuquerque, Austin, Baltimore-BWI, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Houston-IAH, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Orlando, Raleigh and Tucson. For more information, visit http://www.theFastPark.com or visit Fast Park’s Facebook page.