The team place a strong emphasis on having knowledge of gas safety and the importance of having a carbon monoxide alarm fitted in the home.
(PRWEB UK) 17 June 2013
The Lovick family from Norfolk were unsure what action to take after their carbon monoxide alarm went off, reports EDP24 on June 13. The alarm alerted the family to the presence of carbon monoxide 30 minutes after their boiler switched on. Whilst Mr Lovick and their three children left the house shortly after the alarm sounded, Mrs Lovick remained in the house to make various calls in an attempt to find out what they should do. After calling NHS direct, the family were told to seek medical attention.
Mrs Lovick told EDP24: “We could have died. I think it is shocking that nobody we called knew what we needed to do.”
Well-known for their Brixton plumbers, We Fix Now also provides Gas Safe Registered engineers throughout London and the surrounding counties. The team place a strong emphasis on having knowledge of gas safety and the importance of having a carbon monoxide alarm fitted in the home. A spokesperson from We Fix Now offered comments prompted by the news of the incident at the Lovick family’s home.
“This incident confirms the importance of gas safety awareness and having a carbon monoxide alarm fitted in the home. As we can see in this case, the alarm alerts the homeowner to carbon monoxide and allows them to take appropriate action. However, having a carbon monoxide detector is no substitute for getting all of your appliances checked regularly by a reliable engineer, such as the ones provided by We Fix Now.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency plumbers and electricians throughout the M25 and surrounding counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.