Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 18, 2013
Two health insurance marketing experts — both veterans of major health insurance companies — will detail practical steps insurers must take to win new members and retain current ones as the October open-enrollment date for new health insurance exchanges and marketplaces approaches in “How to Market Products Sold on the New Health Insurance Exchanges,” an upcoming June 27 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS).
With HHS and the states quickly processing applications by health insurers to sell plans on public marketplaces this fall, attention will soon shift to implementing effective strategies for marketing these approved “qualified health plans” (QHPs) to millions of new consumers. Historically, insurers have not been called upon to provide consumers with the type of transparent product and pricing information the new exchanges demand. To be successful, they will require new marketing strategies, new sales tools and new training for their sales and customer service staffs — an entirely new product-marketing culture. During the June 27 webinar, participants will learn the details of practical steps insurers must take to achieve these objectives in time to launch winning consumer-focused sales strategies in the fall.
In 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, Fred Karutz, senior vice president of business development at private exchange and marketplace ConnectedHealth, and Joseph Wilds, senior vice president at software vendor FJA-US, will provide authoritative answers to these and other big-dollar questions:
- Which marketing strategies will work best inside versus outside exchanges? Which channels will deliver the best outcomes?
- How should insurers align their marketing activities inside and outside exchanges to provide new employer strategies and consumer transparency tools, and build an exceptional customer experience?
- What are the best methods for health plans to “connect” to exchange customers? How will these strategies differ from the current marketing schemes by insurers — and what steps should insurers take to get from Point A to Point B?
- What will be the most effective media outlets for exchange plans? How should carriers view these in terms of sales, response rate, cost per lead and cost per sale?
- What types of technologies will be most instrumental in helping insurers execute on their exchange sales and marketing strategies? How much will this cost?
- What is the ideal timeline for ad placements and direct-mail drops?
- How can insurers market for the long term, considering the issue of “stickiness” when it comes to consumers and their attachment to the first brand they buy in a new market?
- What practical steps can insurers take now to become more transparent in pricing and coverage options?
- What templates are insurers working off of when it comes to modeling existing online consumer operations? Is the Amazon.com model the preferred model, or are there others?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3r29_062713 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.