These young leaders are able to participate because of the generosity of sponsors, and will provide a rich diversity of thought and perspective during the Forum.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) June 18, 2013
FRED Inc. is a nonprofit dedicated to elevating the quality of leadership in the world. Our vision is extraordinary leaders who forge organizations that excel in traditional organization terms and enhance the health and vitality of our society and planet.
The exclusive invitation-only annual FRED Forum, September 17-19, is limited to 70 exceptional senior leaders from organizations such as GE, Intel, McDonalds, MIT, Royal Bank of Canada, WalMart, Yale School of Leadership Coca Cola, Imperial College London, West Point and Care. The program information for the Forum is at this link: http://www.fredforum.org/2013program.
To complement the exceptional leaders from the corporate, non-profit, educational and social sectors, 6 extraordinary young leaders are also attending through the FRED NextGen Leaders program. These young leaders are able to participate because of the generosity of sponsors, and will provide a rich diversity of thought and perspective during the Forum.
The scholarship award recipients are:
- Brinker International NextGen Leader: Lisa Gross is the founder/CEO of The League of Kitchens, an immersive culinary adventure in NYC where immigrants teach intimate cooking workshops in their homes.
- FRED NextGen Leader: Kenneth Bender is 2nd in command at his local Young Marine unit, at Camp Pendleton, and has garnered multiple awards, including Young Marine of the Year. He was recently invited to represent the Young Marines as a delegate at a conference at the United Nations in New York City.
- IESE NextGen Leader: Jeni Lamb is a Fellow at Appalachian Sustainable Development , a non-profit in VA. Prior to ASD, she worked in Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa as a Research Associate for the Sustainable Agriculture & Natural Resource Management Collaborative Research Support Program.
- Atman NextGen Leader: Jenni Manzanillo is founder and executive director of Berklee club “Beyond Borders” whose mission is to spread a message of peace, love and unity by establishing music programs in developing communities around the world.
- Walmart NextGen Leader: Serena Stein dedicates her work and studies to addressing social inequality and global health disparities through innovation in international development and social entrepreneurship.
- Intel NextGen Leader: Nora Tobin is a recent graduate of Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland here she earned a Master's in International Peace Studies while serving as a Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholar.
More information about FRED, the Forum and the NextGen Leaders program is available at: http://www.fredforum.org. Also, find FRED Forum on Facebook and follow @FREDForum.