Debris and bacteria never take a day off, so pool owners need to make a summer plan for pool maintenance along with their travel itinerary.
Lawrenceville, GA (PRWEB) June 19, 2013
Vacation planning takes on a double meaning when you have a backyard pool. Debris and bacteria never take a day off, so pool owners need to make a summer plan for pool maintenance along with their travel itinerary.
To come home to a clear pool and avoid any messy surprises, consider the following "vacation plan" from BioGuard, one of the nation’s premier suppliers of pool and spa products, to prevent debris and bacteria from collecting in the pool and upsetting the water balance:
1. Contact your local pool care professional for a vacation maintenance plan. They can give you instructions based on your pool's specific program.
2. Clean your pool thoroughly, brushing and vacuuming walls and floors.
3. Test pool water and make sure it's properly balanced. Anything that's out of balance - total alkalinity, pH, calcium hardness - will likely get worse when left unattended.
4. Run the pump at least eight hours a day to help prevent algae and bacteria growth. (Either set your timer or ask a neighbor to turn it on and off.)
5. Upon returning, have your pool care professional perform a water analysis to ensure that your pool is properly balanced and ready for swimming.
Planning a staycation in your beautiful backyard? If you throw a summer party featuring your pool, BioGuard recommends adding water testing to the planning checklist right along with the food and beverages. After the festivities, a multifunctional shock product will help remove contaminants such as sunscreen, cosmetics and perspiration that cause cloudy water.
BioGuard dealers offer pool care products and systems that make maintaining the pool a snap. Consult your pool professional for complimentary water analysis and expert advice all year round. For more information on the effective use of pool and spa products and to locate the BioGuard dealer nearest you, visit http://www.bioguard.com.
Based in Lawrenceville, GA, BioLab, A Chemtura Company, supplies water treatment products for recreational applications on a global basis and specialty household consumer products in the U.S. BioGuard is a BioLab brand recognized as one of the nation’s premier suppliers of pool and spa products.