Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 19, 2013
Health insurance exchanges may be the boldest experiment in the history of managed care. As many as 20 million people are expected to find coverage through the new state-based and federally operated marketplaces. With details on the federal government’s requirements for essential health benefits, and examples of premium rates and benefit designs already unveiled by some states, industry-leading health business information publisher Atlantic Information Services’s (AIS) recently released special report, Health Insurance Exchanges: Product Design, Promotion and Positioning, provides a comprehensive overview of this new health insurance marketplace.
The report also outlines the factors that are driving carriers’ decisions to participate in exchanges, and includes strategies that will help health plans, hospitals and health systems, physician groups, pharmaceutical companies, state health policy leaders, attorneys, consultants and financial analysts plan for operational costs and challenges to exchange participation — such as enrollment and billing hurdles. Plus, results from market studies of consumer attitudes shed light on how to promote exchange benefit offerings to individual and small-group customers.
Some of the stories in the 86-page report include:
- When It Comes to Participation in State Exchanges, Carriers Are Being Selective
- Insurers Eye Narrow Networks in Exchanges as Way to Lower Costs, Attract Members
- Actuarial Value, EHBs Will Shape Products, but Plans May See Some Design Flexibility
- Exchanges May Help Insurers Trim Admin Cost, Comply With MLR Rule
- The $23 Billion Question: Can Insurers Learn to Market to Consumers by October?
- Survey: Unhappy Insured Members Are Eyeing Public Exchanges
- Brokers Are Seen as Critical to Success of Exchanges, but Their Role Will Change
- Think Enrollment Will Be Ugly? Just Wait Till It’s Time to Collect
For more information on Health Insurance Exchanges: Product Design, Promotion and Positioning, including a full table of contents and a sample PDF containing the introduction, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/health-insurance-exchanges-product-design-promotion-and-positioning.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.
Jill Brown, Executive Editor
Atlantic Information Services, Inc.
202-775-9008 ext. 3058