Frankfort, IL (PRWEB) June 20, 2013
Kanban is a Japanese term that typically is related to a signal of when to produce (make) or withdraw (move) items in a manufacturing setting. Nowadays, Kanban Systems are used in office areas, hospitals and other industries wanting better control of their process. 5S Supply has partnered with Hurst Green Plastics, Ltd from the United Kingdom to provide their award winning TwinBin and FlagBin Systems.
How it Works
Employees pull parts from the lower bin as needed. When the bin is empty, a pull of the divider drops the correct quantity of replenishment parts into the bin. This also visually triggers replenishment of parts in the top bin. The top bin is then restocked and the pull system continues to provide the right product in the right quantities! The clear front plastic bins allow operators to easily see exactly what parts are needed and the current quantity. The bins can be color coded and labeled to make the system even more visual and simple to operate.
Benefits of using TwinBin and FlagBin
- Inventory Control - up to 82% of stock reduction has been recorded
- Traceability - offers opportunity for 100% traceability even for small components
- Less Waste - every part issued and accounted for
- No Environmental Contamination - parts are retained in a closed bin
- No Stock Cross-Contamination
- Reduces Line Stoppages
- Rapid Payback on Investment
Other TwinBin Options include:
- An upper Locking Bar (in three colors: Red, Blue and Grey) to help prevent people from pulling components from the top bin.
- Color-coded Bin Labels (in five colors: Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Clear) to make it simpler to find what is needed
- Plastic Mounting Bolts (2 per bin required) used with the TwinBin Racking System
TwinBin Racking Systems
There are two Racking Systems sizes to choose from:
- 0.75m (2.46 ft.) wide x 1.9m high (6.23 ft.) - holds 50 TwinBin - Singles (25 per side)
- 1.5m (4.92 ft.) wide x 1.9m high (6.23 ft.) - holds 100 TwinBin - Singles (50 per side)
Other Racking Options:
- Racking Headers - angled headers to prevent anyone from stacking things on top and to label specific racks for parts or components
- Collection Trays - used on the bottom of the rack if parts fall they can be easily contained (2 per set)
- Castors - make your Racking System mobile to two swivel wheels and two locking wheels
Since these items are shipped form the U.K., 5S Supply uses a Request for Quote form to customize solutions.
Stop by http://www.5Ssupply.com for more information on how to apply lean principles to improve any workplace. Contact 5S Supply at 888 4 LEAN 5S (888-453-2657) or info(at)5Ssupply(dot)com. 5S Supply is the premier provider of Lean supplies, training and services.