We Fix Now Responds to Carbon Monoxide Regulations

Share Article

The experts at We Fix Now have responded to news that Scotland have announced new building regulations on carbon monoxide.

News Image
It is important that plumbers and installers educate their customers on gas safety and inform them of the necessity of carbon monoxide alarms.

According to the article Scotland Declares New CO Regulations, published on 18 June by HVP, Scotland have announced new building regulations which require a carbon monoxide alarm to be fitted in any space which contains a fixed combustion appliance that isn’t only used for cooking. In addition, an alarm must be installed in rooms where a flue passes through that are considered high-risk, such as living rooms or bedrooms.

The regulations hope to reduce the number of people who are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning each year. The figure is currently estimated at 4000 each year but is considered to be much higher as the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to other common illness such as flu and food poisoning. It is also considered that one third of a million people unknowingly suffer from exposure to carbon monoxide. The correct installation and maintenance of gas appliances would reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and the installation of a carbon monoxide alarm would further reduce the risks.

Brian Trueman, Scotland and Ireland area specification manager for Sprue Safety Products, spoke to HVP of the dangers of carbon monoxide and the responsibility of plumbers and installers to inform their customers of gas safety. He added:

“In the run-up to the heating season, Gas Safety Week in September will help raise people’s awareness of CO. Installers can take this opportunity to inform customers of the new legislation and ensure they are adequately protected.”

We Fix Now provide emergency electricians and plumbers in Poplar, throughout London and the surrounding counties, and were interested in Scotland’s new regulations. A spokesperson from the company shared their thoughts:

“It is important that plumbers and installers educate their customers on gas safety and inform them of the necessity of carbon monoxide alarms. However, having a carbon monoxide alarm fitted is no substitute for having all gas appliances serviced on a regular basis by a Gas Safe registered engineer, such as the ones provided by We Fix Now.”

We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency plumbers and electricians throughout the M25 and surrounding counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Lucy Jones
We Fix Now
020 85554 2003
Email >
Visit website