Whittier, California (PRWEB) June 20, 2013
Marinello Schools of Beauty, one of the premiere nationwide beauty schools, offering Cosmetology, Esthetics (Skin Care) and Manicuring/Nail Technology education, is pleased to announce 20 winners of the fifth annual Raw Talent Scholarship competition. Marinello’s Raw Talent competition identifies outstanding high school seniors and provides them with the opportunity to pursue a dream career in the exciting and lucrative beauty industry by granting scholarships for a highly sought-after education at Marinello Schools of Beauty. To date, Marinello Schools of Beauty has donated more than $100,000 annually in high school scholarships to students enthusiastic about beauty education.
“We are proud to reward students with natural talent an opportunity to learn and develop their skills with an education at Marinello,” said Dr. Nagui Elyas, President of Marinello Schools of Beauty. “We are thrilled to be recognizing Raw Talent winners for the fifth consecutive year, and we happily welcome the 20 new students into our Marinello family.”
Applicants across the United States entered the Raw Talent Scholarship competition, vying for $10,000 scholarships, $5,000 scholarships and three-day professional beauty workshops worth more than $1,000. The Raw Talent Scholarship completion was divided into two parts: the first part was an essay about making a difference in the beauty and wellness industry; the second part of the application involved hands-on participation showcasing hairstyling or makeup application.
Marinello Schools of Beauty congratulates its 2013 Raw Talent Scholarship recipients:
Southern California Region:
- Emma Ibarra, Wasco Union High School, Wasco, Calif. - $10,000 First Place Winner
- Stephanie Sanchez, San Clemente High School, San Clemente, Calif. - $10,000 First Place Winner
- Ariel Atwell, Independence High School, Bakersfield, Calif. - $5,000 Second Place Winner
- Rhiannon Robbins, Julian Union High School, Julian, Calif. - $5,000 Third Place Winner
- Justice Cardona, Frontier High School, Bakersfield, Calif. - $5,000 Fourth Place Winner
- Courtney Andreasen, Mojave River Academy, Victorville, Calif. - $5,000 Fifth Place Winner
- Alejandra Valenzo, Montgomery High School, Santa Rosa, Calif. – Professional Workshop Sixth Place Winner
- Julia Sanchez, Trabuco Hills High School, Mission Viejo, Calif. – Professional Workshop Seventh Place Winner
- Brittany Merritt, Temescal Canyon High School, Lake Elsinore, Calif. – Professional Workshop Eighth Place Winner
Northern California Region:
- Alexandra Donnelson, CORE Butte Charter High School, Chico, Calif. - $10,000 First Place Winner
- Maritsa Martinez, Mesa Verde High School, Citrus Heights, Calif. - $5,000 Second Place Winner
- Sarah Navarro, Gustine High School, Gustine, Calif. – Professional Workshop Third Place Winner
- Gisela Velez, Salinas High School, Salinas, Calif. – Professional Workshop Fourth Place Winner
- Mykala McIlhargie, Etna Union High School, Etna, Calif. - Professional Workshop Fifth Place Winner
Utah, Oregon and Nevada Regions:
- Takira Cameron, Bountiful High School, Bountiful, Utah - $10,000 First Place Winner
- Valorie Gubler, Timpanogos High School, Orem, Utah - $5,000 Second Place Winner
- Delfina Paredes, Pershing County High School, Lovelock, Nev. - Professional Workshop Third Place Winner
- Kynedee Hodges, Rock Creek High School, St. George, Kan. - $10,000 First Place Winner
- Erica Beltran, Belton High School, Belton, Mo. - $5,000 Second Place Winner
- Angel Mills, Washburn Rural High School, Topeka, Kan. - Professional Workshop Third Place Winner
Students interested in enrolling in Marinello School of Beauty can learn more by calling (888) 410-6157.
About Marinello Schools of Beauty:
Marinello Schools of Beauty has been defining beauty education since 1905 and is one of the premier beauty schools nationwide. Offering a variety of cosmetology and esthetics programs, Marinello has created a proprietary educational system called the Marinello Method based on more than 100 years of experience, which combines theory and hands-on instruction. Marinello has 62 conveniently located campuses in California, Connecticut, Kansas, Massachusetts, Nevada, Oregon and Utah and also offers affordable spa and salon services performed by student stylists under the supervision of instructors.