The results reinforce our initial view that the Pinette is potentially a highly prospective copper-silver property that shares many of the geological features of our neighboring properties in the Kalahari Copperbelt. - Andrew Stone, President
Cape Town, South Africa (PRWEB) June 21, 2013
African Copper Corporation (formerly New York Tutor Company) (the “Company”) (Symbol OTC: ACCS) has received the NI43-101 compliant Technical Report on the Pinette Copper-Silver Project Prospecting Licenses in the Ghanzi District of Botswana, Africa.
The report was prepared by Daniel C. Leroux, B.Sc, P.Geo. of A.C.A Howe International Limited. Mr. Leroux has over 20+ years of experience in the mining industry including a background in international mineral exploration, evaluation and valuation studies. Mr. Leroux carried out a site visit to the project on February 21st to 24th, 2011. Mr. Leroux is a Qualified Person (“QP”) as set out in National Instrument 43-101.
Highlights of the Report:
- The African Copper Pinette Property licenses occupy a long corridor within the Ghanzi Copper Belt, covering approximately 390 kilometers by 40 kilometers (11,091 square kilometers). Located within the Ghanzi and Ngamiland Districts of northwest Botswana, the project area extends in a northeasterly direction between the nearby towns of Ghanzi and Maun.
- In 2010 the raw data from an aeromagnetic survey flown at 200 meter line spacing over the subject license areas was acquired from the Botswana Department of Minerals, Energy and Water. The previous operator then completed a review, re-processing and re-interpretation of the aeromagnetic data in order to determine the copper potential of the Pinette prospecting license areas.
- The study and conclusions obtained by African Copper on the Property suggested that the potential exists for the strike extension of copper mineralization hosted within the contacts of the D’Kar and Ngwanko units in nearby Hana Mining’s property to extend northeast within the Pinette PL080/2010 prospecting license area as well as into other sections of the African Copper Property to the south.
- A conventional and MMI soil geochemical survey was carried on the Pinette PL080/2010 prospecting license of which several Cu anomalies were identified and correlate with the favorable Cu-horizon mineralized host rock that hosts Hana Mining’s Zone 9.
- As with the mining companies currently working in the region, African Copper believes that a high-resolution aeromagnetic survey will be successful in identifying both the known and prospective horizons on the African Copper Property.
The acquired airborne geophysical data obtained from the Department of Minerals, Energy and Water will serve as the basis for regional soil sampling and reconnaissance drilling.
-A two-hole diamond drilling campaign was completed in 2012 in order to test a 500-meter wide MMI Cu soil anomaly with no lithological control. Geological drill hole logging of the holes confirmed the presence of scattered disseminated sulphide mineralization throughout the length of the drill core hosted in thick sequences of sandstone and siltstones.
The report further provides recommendations for the exploration and interpretation of current data, the addition of new data to be acquired by airborne high-resolution magnetic survey and through conventional soil sampling. A Phase 2 work program is also indicated, pending the results of the initial exploration.
Company President Andrew Stone states, “We are very pleased to have the details and reinterpretation that this NI-43101 Technical Report provides on our Pinette Copper Project. The results reinforce our initial view that the Pinette is potentially a highly prospective copper-silver property that shares many of the geological features of our neighboring properties in the Kalahari Copperbelt. It will provide our initial roadmap for the next stages of development.”
About African Copper Corporation
African Copper Corporation is a mineral exploration company seeking to acquire, explore and develop highly prospective metal projects in Africa. Its core projects, located in Botswana, cover approximately 12,468 square kilometers and are in the center of the Kalahari Copperbelt, recognized as one of the largest exploration copper belts in the world. The Company's shares trade under the symbol ACCS-OTC QB.
For more information see: http://www.africancoppercorp.com
Symbol: OTCQB – ACCS
Berlin Symbol: N3T; WKN: A1T7YY; ISIN: US6501182017
Contact: Investor Relations
Tel: +27 (0) 21 680 5207
SAFE HARBOR STATEMENT
This news release contains “forward-looking statements”, as that term is defined in Section 27a of the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21e of the United States Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Statements in this news release, which are not purely historical, are forward-looking statements and include any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future.
Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this news release contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Statements that are not historical facts, including statements that are preceded by, followed by, or that include such words as “estimate,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “plan” or “expect” or similar statements are forward-looking statements. Risks and uncertainties for the Company include, but are not limited to, the risks associated with property development and funding as well as the risks shown in the Company’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-KSB and on Form 10-QSB and in other publicly available information regarding the Company. Other risks include risks associated with the regulatory approval process, competitive companies, future capital requirements and the Company’s ability and level of support for its exploration and development activities. There can be no assurance that the Company’s development efforts will succeed and the Company will ultimately achieve commercial success. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this news release, and the Company assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements, or to update the reasons why actual results could differ from those projected in the forward-looking statements. Although the Company believes that the beliefs, plans, expectations and intentions contained in this news release are reasonable, there can be no assurance those beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions will prove to be accurate. Investors should consider all of the information set forth herein and should also refer to the risk factors disclosed in the Company’s periodic reports filed from time-to-time with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
This news release has been prepared by management of the Company who takes full responsibility for its contents. Each of the NASD, the SEC and the OTCBB neither approves nor disapproves of the contents of this news release. This news release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.