(PRWEB) June 23, 2013
MoDev, the global connector of developers, designers and mobile providers today announced they have launched their NYC chapter with a strong lineup of partners, and have partnered with the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® to celebrate the launch with an inaugural CE Week developer happy hour at WeWork Labs in SoHo. The event brings together the area’s elite mobile and digital developers, startup companies and tech entrepreneurs at CE Week 2013.
The CEA MoDev Happy Hour is the first hosted event for the MoDev New York Chapter, which is the newest chapter of MoDev’s global organization. This event promises to be a “who’s-who” of the developer space providing the opportunity to learn more about CEA, as well as meet the organizers of MoDevNY.
Register for the Event: http://cea-modev.eventbrite.com/#
Other MoDevNYC Chapter sponsors include Microsoft, ACT4Apps, Object Frontier Software, Agilex, Blackberry and CTIA.
MoDev: “The long-awaited NYC Chapter grounds our development movement in what is quickly becoming the east coast’s technology hub. CE Week is the perfect time for our inaugural event, as it enables our members to interact and collaborate with peers, mentors and potential investors,” said Pete Erickson, founder and CEO of MoDev global.
CEA: “We are proud to partner with MoDev NYC and WeWork on this inaugural event. We welcome the opportunity to bring awareness of CEA to the developer community. Partnering on this event underscores our commitment to support and promote innovation across the technology ecosystem, and are thrilled to combine this event with the celebration of CE Week and MoDev’s latest chapter launch.” said Jeff Joseph, senior vice president communications and strategic relationships, CEA.
WeWork: “Partnering with MoDev fits perfectly into our plans to be a hub of innovation and growth for entrepreneurs and developers across New York City. This kickoff event is just the beginning and we’re excited to be a part of it,” said Silvio Galea, VP of WeWork.
- What: The CEA MoDev Happy Hour celebrates New York City’s talented mobile developers and startup companies. The happy hour is the first hosted event for the MoDev New York Chapter, which is the newest chapter of MoDev’s global organization.
- Where: WeWork, 175 Varick Street, 8th Floor, New York, NY
- When: Tuesday, June 25 and 6–9 p.m.
- Who: Mobile app developers, founders of mobile companies, CE Week attendees and technology press
- Why: CE Week is a highly-attended event k in NYC and MoDev is opening a NYC chapter - two great reasons to cover and celebrate the best in mobile and tech
- Sponsors: Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), MoDev, WeWork