A staple for special occasions, ham is also a standout at summer cookouts, picnics and parties.
Sarasota, Florida (PRWEB) June 25, 2013
Boar’s Head Brand®, one of the nation’s leading providers of premium delicatessen products, ignites summer celebration menus by bringing ham, a festive favorite, to backyard barbecues. A staple for special occasions, ham is also a standout at summer cookouts, picnics and parties. For summer hosts looking for healthy options, Boar’s Head also offers lower sodium ham and other deli meats and cheeses.
Some ideas for adding Boar’s Head ham to summer celebrations:
- Comfort Food Goes Gluten Free: For a comfort food that hits the spot and also offers gluten-free guests a savory option for their plate, try Gluten-Free Black Forest Ham Smoked Mac & Cheese.
- Easy Apps for Any Appetite: Cream-Cheesey Ham Crackers are a perfect snack or lunch combination that are a tasty option made with lower sodium ham and low-fat cream cheese.
- Neighborhood Chef’s Specialty: Ultimate Chef Salad is a hearty dish that serves as a healthy entrée or side dish.
- Gourmet Ham & Cheese: Never underestimate the power of a ham sandwich. A recent survey from the Boar’s Head Brand and Serious Eats website found that 19.5 percent of people choose ham as their trusted/go-to sandwich option. Maple Honey Ham & Chicken Panini is a delicious take on an American staple.
“Ham is the product that started it all for Boar’s Head. We were founded on the belief that consumers deserved a better quality ham than what was available,” said RuthAnn LaMore, Director of Communications for Boar’s Head Brand. “Over one hundred later, our company is excited to introduce new ways for people to enjoy ham. We hope it’s delicious and nostalgic taste will help families create new memories at holidays and celebrations year-round.”
For further inspiration, Boar’s Head has a wealth of grill-time options, including:
- The Finest Franks in the Land: For a crowd pleaser, grill up Boar’s Head Beef Frankfurters or spice things up with hot smoked sausage. Top with Boar’s Head Delicatessen Style Mustard, or add sauerkraut and relish for a truly iconic experience.
- Marinade the Day Away: Never underestimate the importance of a great soak. Marinate meats before they hit the grill with a sauce such as Boar’s Head Jalapeño Pepper Sauce.
- Don’t be Left in a Pickle: Be sure to stock up on pickles, the summer time sandwich staple, as well as plenty of lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. A recent survey from Boar’s Head Brand and Serious Eats website found 83 percent of people prefer lettuce on their sandwich, 71 percent tomato, and 49 percent pickles.
For more information about Boar’s Head and recipes, please visit: boarshead.com.
About Boar’s Head
Founded in 1905, Boar's Head has upheld a commitment to unwavering standards for quality for over a century, refusing to take shortcuts that compromise the integrity of its products for the sake of convenience or economy. What started with just a few products has grown to over 500, ranging from premium delicatessen meats, cheeses and condiments to an array of Italian and Old World Delicacies and foodservice items. All Boar's Head meats, cheeses and condiments contain no fillers, by-products, artificial colors or flavors, gluten or trans fat. For more information, visit http://www.boarshead.com or http://www.facebook.com/boarshead.
About Serious Eats
Serious Eats is dedicated to the celebration of food—of all kinds. From fast food to fine dining, from restaurant kitchens to yours, and from coast to coast (and around the world). From each of our writers and through our online community, we aim to be passionate, discerning, and inclusive in our appreciation of everything edible. Serious Eats is an award winning food destination devoted to bringing our national community of food lovers the most delicious content on the web. The Serious Eats community has become an established and passionate community of food and spirit enthusiasts who trust our contributors to highlight the best in dining in and eating out.
Online survey conducted by Serious Eats and Boar’s Head Brand with 2,218 respondents between April 19, 2013 and April 26, 2013 consisting of 839 males, 1,137 females, and 242 respondents who did not report their gender.