“With mobile readership surpassing desktop readership, being aware of how members read and engage with emails on these devices will put you in the best position to keep them engaged with your association," Joe Tyler, CEO of Informz.
Saratoga Springs, NY (PRWEB) June 25, 2013
Informz, Inc., a leading email service provider for the association and nonprofit industries, has released the results of the second part of the 2013 Association Email Marketing Benchmark Report. The report is the second of four quarterly benchmark reports the company will release this year, with this quarter’s results focusing on email client and device metrics. Findings show that email’s mobile readership continues to surpass desktop readership, “off hours” are peak hours for mobile opens, and most readers do not jump between mobile and desktop opens; they tend to stick to one email client.
“Understanding reader behavior is crucial when it comes to developing a mobile email strategy,” said Joe Tyler, CEO of Informz. “With mobile readership surpassing desktop readership, being aware of how members read and engage with emails on these devices will put you in the best position to keep them engaged with your association.”
The report from Informz includes a summary of email marketing metrics collected from large and mid-sized associations that used the Informz email marketing platform in 2013.
The key findings of the report include:
- Email’s mobile readership continues to surpass desktop readership by 6%.
- 59% of emails opened on a desktop were classified as read (as opposed to skimmed or just opened), meaning recipients spent 10 seconds or longer engaged with the email. Only 50% of emails opened on a mobile device were classified this way.
- Shorter subject lines saw higher open rates, but mobile opens did not decrease as subject line length increased.
- 38% of subscribers are using an iPhone or iPad to view emails as compared to 28% of subscribers using Outlook.
- “Off hours” are peak hours for mobile opens on the weekdays (early morning, after work, evening) while desktop opens outperform mobile opens during the work day.
- When it comes to email client preference, 81% of subscribers will open all mailings on a single type of email client and 19% of subscribers will use multiple email clients. Subscribers don’t jump from mobile to desktop and back again.
The full report is available at http://www.informz.com.
Informz is a leading provider of email marketing solutions that enable associations and nonprofits to easily and cost-effectively promote their brands, stay in touch, generate and analyze data about their audiences, manage information about their constituents, and receive valuable feedback to refine future action. In addition to email marketing solutions and services, the Informz product portfolio also includes text messaging, online survey tools, online voting, event registration, and database integrations.